-Allie and Autumn rocked it out on Minute to Win It. They won $250,000! Woo Hoo! We had fun celebrating with them both weeks they were featured on the show. They did great! Those games are HARD!
-Sean and Allie hosted their annual Ugly Sweater Party. It was a blast. They had their traditional white elephant gift exchange, and we scored a new toilet brush. Sweet! We needed a new one!
-We went hiking alone and with friends. Check out the view!

-We enjoyed some time at LEGOLAND. Weedle and Joel gave us 2 free tickets they received when they were here in November. We had fun taking pictures. It was so busy, and we were only able to ride one ride. We had fun waiting in line and kept ourselves busy with thumb war and other games we made up to help the wait go by quickly.

-LOTS of time hanging out with family and friends! The first two weeks of December, we weren’t home after work AT ALL! It was pretty crazy. Fun, but busy.
-CHRISTMAS! This year, Jeff and I made a budget of $120/person. We had 5 categories that we had to get gifts from, and the rest of the money could be spent on whatever. Our categories were 1) Game, 2) Something edible, 3) Clothing, 4) 99cent Store, 5) Surprise. It was so much fun shopping for each other. It’s amazing how far $120 can go, too! My favorite gift from Jeff was this basket he put together of ways he wants to show his love.
The basket contained:
-bread and water because he wants to provide the necessities of life
-$1 bill because he wants to provide for our family financially
-a funny picture of us because he wants us to always have fun together
-chocolate because he wants me to enjoy the things I love
-Hershey kisses because he wants me to feel loved (get it…kisses!)
-a jar with sand and rocks because he wants me to enjoy relaxing things
-shoelaces because he wants us to always work out and be healthy
There were a few other things, too. It was a great gift, and of course, I cried when I opened it! I have such a great husband!
The turkey and homemade stuffing we made. Not gonna lie...Our meal was just pretty average. I guess you get better the more you try, right?

My new shirt and earrings from Jeff...

Jeff with his Ramen Noodles. 99cent store and edible item all in one....
We had a nice long break from work over Christmas! Jeff also had off of school. It was much needed and very much appreciated! I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I’m always sad when it’s over. I wish every month could be like the month of December!
We rang in the New Year by searching for snow with some great friends. We didn’t find much, although I was excited by what we did find. We took some amazing pictures, though. We spent that night playing games and watching the ball drop with a group of old and new friends.
Here are LOTS of pictures for our adventure in search of the snow...








On New Year’s Day we cleaned our entire apartment. We figured there was no better way to start a new year than by de-junking and re-organizing. We live in a one bedroom apartment, and there is absolutely NO storage. Our small walk-in closet is our storage. It has always been packed full of boxes and Christmas decorations. Well, after the weekend, it has been condensed and makes me so happy every time I see it. I love the feeling of less. Less clutter. Less stuff that is not really needed. It’s refreshing. After all, less is more, right?
Now, it’s back to reality. Back to 5 day work weeks and our normal schedule. But, life is great. I’m married to sweetest, most caring man in all the worlds ever created. I have a job, a car, all the necessities of life (food, apt, shelter), good health, all 5 senses, great family and friends, and so much more. I am very blessed by a wonderful Heavenly Father! I thank Him every day for all I have.
Happy 2011! Make it a great year!



2 comments:
Fun pictures once again. And look at those clouds! No wonder it rained for so many days in a row! You and Jeff definitelt make a perfect team.
Where did you go hiking??!?!?! Sean and I and the Shaver's who are in your ward are looking for somewhere to go!
Post a Comment