Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Where has the time gone?

My baby boy is 22 days already...3 weeks as of yesterday!  I don't believe it!  It's gone by way too fast!   I understand now what people mean when they say how fast they grow and to enjoy every second.  We're experiencing it first hand!

At Jackson's doctor's appointment on Thursday, he weighed 10 pounds!  He just keeps getting growing SO fast!  He doesn't look chunky, though.  He's long and lean...I hope he takes after Jeff and stays that way.

My mom and aunt, Darla, were able to spend 8 fabulous days with us last week.  We had a blast sightseeing, eating delicious food, and spending time together.  Our adventures included Old Town and The Mormon Battalion, La Jolla Cove, picking strawberries, Moonlight Beach, Coronado, walking along the beach in Carlsbad, buying me a newer car, Balboa Park, Seaport Village, and much more. We were able to bless Jackson while they were here, and I'm so happy they were able to share that with us. It was so much fun having them here and seeing them with Jackson.  I sure do wish we lived closer so they could see him more often!  


La Jolla Cove

Beautiful sunset at La Jolla Cove

Picking delicious strawberries

Pictures after the blessing





This week, we've been experiencing a bit more fussiness.  I think part of it (for at least a couple of days) must have been something I ate that gave the little guy gas.  I don't know if it was the delicious quesadilla Jeff made or the ice cream I had, but something was making him spit up and pass gas like crazy.  It's a little better today.  We tried just letting him cry it out last night while we cleaned up dinner and before his bath.  I hate when he cries so hard it takes forever for him to breathe.  His little body gets all tense and he turns all red.  So sad.  But, we can't keep picking him up at every little sound he makes.  I WILL NOT have a spoiled child who wants to be held all the time.  I have too much stuff to do.

Jeff and I are still learning to adjust to life with an extra person around.  We've been extremely tired and going to bed at 9pm or 10pm every night.  The alternative is us going to bed later, feeling THAT much more tired, and being super cranky and snappy with each other.  I'll take the early bedtime!  Overall, though, things are good.  We love our little guy and being parents!




3 comments:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures! except for the one of me being a total dork! LOL!!! We did have an awesome time!!!! Thank you, Thank You, Thank You!!!

Unknown said...

Look, Jackson is smiling in the last one:)

Andrea said...

Yay for how you're raising him! Good for you. And he's sooooo adorable!