Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Visit from family...

The past week or so sure was busy!  My best friend and my niece were both here visiting.  We had a blast, and it definitely went by way too fast.  Here are some pictures of our adventures as well as some others that I found and haven't posted yet.  

The first day our visitors were here, we went to Coronado...or as MaKayla liked to call it, "Cordona". (You have to say it with an accent for the full effect.) I forgot my camera that day, so the only picture I took was this one of Jackson with the giant M&M at the candy store we stopped at.  He sure was excited about it.  

The next day, we stopped at the temple before heading to Torrey Pines to do some hiking.  

After taking this picture, I said, "Too bad those people are in the background."  Jamie's response was, "What about those big orange cones right there!"  Ha ha!  I guess I didn't see those, but I don't know how!  

Jackson was loving all the attention from MaKayla while we were hiking, and  he was so good hanging out in the backpack.

Picture-worthy spots along our hike...

Jamie sure was brave (or maybe crazy???) standing on the edge!

Our hike lead us down to the beach, so we decided to give Jackson a break from the backpack and let him play in the sand for a while.


The next day, we went to La Jolla.  We found this bird perched on the ledge.  It didn't budge at all, even when we got really close AND even when Jackson was squealing at it.  This lady sitting near us and the bird said the it's baby was sitting nearby, so I guess it was being protective.  


The next stop was WindandSea beach.  Jackson loved the water Jamie brought him to play with.


Jamie was here for 3 days, and MaKayla was here for a week.  After Jamie left, we did a bit more relaxing that we had been doing.  Jackson LOVED MaKayla.  He played with her, let her hold him a lot, bonded with her while using her iPhone, and even gave her a kiss one day!  For Jackson, these things are huge because he tends to only want Mommy and Daddy.  
We had so much fun with Jamie and MaKayla!  I love having family and friends visit, but the time always goes way too fast!!!

Jackson hates being confined to his stroller, but I don't want him running around without some sort of control on my part.  So, I got him this monkey harness.  He can run around, but I know he can't run off too far.  He doesn't mind it, and it gives him more freedom than the stroller.  I think he looks like he's ready for a safari or something.

He likes using a spoon and fork more and more these days.  This morning, I let him eat his yogurt completely by himself.  He loved it, but he sure did make a mess!

Jackson's likes to sit on the couch with us.  This is how I was greeted one day when I came home from the gym.  I had to take a picture.  He looks so relaxed.

 When we were in PA, Jeff took this cute picture, but I forgot to post it.  I can't get enough of it!

 I just love this guy...even if his new thing is waking up before 6:00am!

No comments: