First of all, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to my wonderfully amazing parents! 37 years! Wow! I love you both!!!!!
Ok, now let's get down to business. We recently went to Maui, Hawaii to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. It was a fun time. Here are some pictures and notes about our trip:
Day 1: Arrived in Hawaii, got our car, checked into our hotel, and headed to the beaches in Kihei and Wailea. We walked all along the coast for miles. Beautiful beaches everywhere!
My first step in the Hawaiian sand:
Random painting on the side of the bathroom wall:
Enjoying the ocean together:
Relaxing on another hotel's hammock:
Look, it's a whale! We really did see a whale. I saw the spout/water shooting up, and Jeff saw a part of the whale. Super cool!
Day 2: Drove from 0-10,000 feet to see the Haleakala Crater. Check out all the colors in the photos. We did a bit of hiking here and went to some cool lookout points. Later that day, we played in the sand and in the ocean. We got our first Hawaiian sunburn while at the Crater. Tender.
The beautiful Crater:
Cool sign along the trail:
Enjoying our hike. It was windy and pretty chilly at 10,000 feet!
Day 3: BEACH DAY! I attempted snorkeling even though I hate the ocean. It didn’t last very long, but Jeff was very patient and so great about the whole thing. We saw some great beaches in Kapuloa and Ka’anapali. We enjoyed walking around Lahaina and saw the 2nd largest Buddha statue in the world! It was in a pretty scary part of town, though, and as we were walking, someone pulled over and asked us if we needed any “herbs”. Parsley, Basil, Thyme???? Ha!
Jeff getting all creative:
2nd largest Buddha statue in the world:
D.T. Fleming Beach. One of my favorites:
Day 4: The Road to Hana was amazing! It was pouring down rain all morning, but we still had fun hiking in the rain. We stopped at The Garden of Eden Botanical Garden during the worst part of the rain, but it was still beautiful. We hiked the Pipiwai Trail, through a bamboo forest to see a 400 ft. waterfall. It was incredible! Other great things about our drive included more waterfalls, black sand beaches, amazing overlooks, and LOTS and LOTS of driving on windy roads. Jeff’s such a trooper! He did all the driving!
What our drive looked like. Amazing!
Jeff being his goofy self:
When we got stuck in the rain. It was so fun!
Black sand beach:
Awesome waterfall along the Pipiwai Trail:
Huge Banyan Tree:
I loved the bamboo forest!
400 ft waterfall at the end of our hike:
Jeff stood under the waterfall (that's why he's soaked), despite the danger signs. He wanted to feel like a man. Doesn't he look HUGE in this picture?
Another awesome waterfall along the Hana Hwy:
We're pointing to the Hana Hwy:
BEAUTIFUL painted eucalyptus trees along the way:
Day 5: We saddled up for some horseback riding fun. Opachi and Hoku were our horses. This was Jeff’s first time on a horse, and he loved it. He had so much fun, and our tour guide kept calling me “cowgirl”. My bum is still healing from the hard saddle. Ouch! We also explored the 'Iao Valley which was super lush and so pretty.
Enjoying our ride:
The view while riding:
They had us kiss because they knew we were there for our anniversary:
The 'Iao Needle:
The 'Iao Valley:
Day 6: Our Sabbath was spent at church (where we actually ran into people from our ward in California!). After church, we spent the day relaxing in the shade under a tree by the beach. We played Phase 10 and Qwitch, ate snacks, and then walked around the Grand Wailea (an amazing hotel!).
At the Grand Wailea:
Relaxing by the tree:
Jeff being goofy in our hotel. His "teeth" are tic-tacs:
Day 7/Our last day: We headed back to the beach for more snorkeling. This time, I wasn’t so afraid because the bottom of the ocean gradually dropped off, and I was able to walk out quite a ways. Plus, the water was a little warmer this day because the sun was out and soooo hot. We saw a lot of cool fish by the coral reef and even saw a turtle.
2nd attempt at snorkeling:
We flew out that night and came back to reality. We had a great time. I learned that Hawaii is definitely a place to go if you want to do a lot of relaxing. The day we got home, I chopped off all my hair. It was time. I needed a change. It’s fun, easy to style, and takes about 5 minutes from start to finish. That’s my kind of hairdo!
Not the best picture because I was eating, but you get the idea:
So, there you have it. I'm hoping to keep up with my blog more now that we're back. Sorry for the lack of blogging, Mom.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










7 comments:
Thanks for the anniversary mention.
I must say, I love the new picture!
AWESOME pictures from paradise!!!
Mahalo for posting!! Looks so beautiful and fun and relaxing!! I love Hawaii!! Good times and great memories. The horseback riding looks fun.
Oh, the new haircut is SO SO CUTE!!! You look good no matter how you have your hair. You have that perfect hair cut face.
It looks like you had much relaxing fun! It makes me want to go an a vacation with Joel. 2 more year and we are taking a 10 year vacation. I can not wait! I am glad you went and had fun! I also love the hair!!
Isn't Maui the best?! It makes me want to go back so bad. And I love the new do! :)
Great pictures!
It looks like you two had tons of fun (which I knew you would have)
Your hair is super cute! Welcome to the short hair club! I love that it takes 5 minutes to do my hair too!
Oh my goodness! I can't believe its already 2 years...Glad to see you guys are enjoying life!!! Love to you both!
Sheena. Your hair cut is adorable. Your mom was right. You have that haircut kind of face. You just look good in everything. I appreciated seeing the Hawaii photos. It looked amazing and relaxing and fun. I appreciated your saying this has been the 2 best years of your life. Many people marry just to marry and it is not always to the right person. I know you waited quite a while for the right man, but aren't you glad you did? It is great to see you so happy.
Post a Comment