My 2000 Ford Focus, Big Mama Red (that's what Jeff and I like to call her), has been a great car. My parents gave her to me in 2005 when I moved to Orlando, Florida. I used to have a 1996 green Mercury Tracer that I loved, but they wanted me to have a more dependable car. So, I inherited Big Mama Red. In the past few years, some terrible things have happened to her. Including squeaky brakes that can not be fixed, here's what else has happened to her...
She got a small crack at BYU in 2007 that turned into this nasty mess:
Her headlights have never quite shined (shone?) as brightly as they should:
Her rear passenger side window broke in 2008, and even after being fixed, will not work. Look closely, and you will still find tape residue above the window where I once taped the window up after it fell inside the door.
Her doors squeak super loudly, despite the amounts of WD40 she receives.
More recently, she's gotten a beating.
She was hit after the Aquabats show in February. Here are the scratches she received from that:
Birds have found a liking to pooping on her. Today at one point, there were at least 10 huge globs of poop on her. Nasty!!!
Today tops it all.
Jeff and I already felt like white trash driving around in her with her cracked windshield, squeaky brakes, doors that squealed every time we opened them, scratches, dim headlights, and bird poop. Then, we head through the car wash to get off the bird poop, and during the car wash, this happens:
I guess it's just one more thing to add to her character and our white trashiness. We still love you, Big Mama Red.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Remember how you cried when we gave you the 2000 red ford Focus because you loved your Tracer!!! You get so attached and are so emotional. hee hee hee I have to admit that when I saw her when we came out for your wedding, i got a little lump in my throat. She just has that effect on a person. She has been good to you. Sounds like she is getting tired. Poor girl is falling apart. You have treated her well so I think she will give you many more miles. <3
haha jeff told me about the car wash indecent. That is super funny. I could just picture you going into the gas station and saying "excuse me sir, your car wash just broke my rear view mirror"... haha luv ya!
Post a Comment