Many of you already know this, but for those of you who don't, it's true. I'm about 10 weeks right now, and I'm due around July 1st. The baby is the size of a kumquat. Here's a comparison...
We found out on October 29th, but we didn't tell everyone until Thanksgiving. I wanted to tell my parents in person when we saw them in Orlando for our vacation. Everyone has had awesome reactions to our news. I loved it when my parents gave each other a high-five!
So far, I've felt a number of emotions. I'm nervous, scared, worried, stressed, and so many other things. I worry about money and where we will live and labor and gaining weight and taking care of another human. I'm also sad because my family and closest friends are on the east coast. I only see them about once a year. I want them to be a part of this baby's life on a daily basis!!! But, I know the Lord will help me/us through everything I'm/we're feeling, and it will all work out.
I've also been feeling pretty nauseous these past few weeks. I've only thrown up twice, and both times were due to vitamins. I've been trying to eat as frequently as possible to help with the nauseousness, but seriously, sometimes I feel like all I do is eat! Fruits and veggies were really hard for me to eat at first, but they are slowly becoming more appealing. And, thank goodness because that's all I used to eat! I loved salads before pregnancy!!!!
Carbs are definitely the easiest thing to eat...potatoes, breads, bagels. I've gained a new love for sandwiches these days...grilled chicken sandwiches, turkey bacon sandwiches, turkey burgers...anything with bread and meat. I've also gained a love for bagels with a hint of cream cheese and strawberry preserves. Yum!
Pregnancy has been quite the adventure so far. People ask me if I'm excited, but for me, it's hard to be excited when I'm so sick all the time. Telling people our news helped me get a little more excited, and I know that once I start feeling better, the excitement will come. Jeff is stoked, and he has been since we found out!
1/4 of the way through. I can do this!
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
I AM OVER THE MOON!!! I LOVE GRANDCHILDREN!!! You will be so excited the first time you feel that little Kumquat move. And Sheena, you are such a health and fitness buff that you will be back in shape by your six week check up. Look at Craig's wife. She has had five kids and she is a toothpick!! Eat healthy, exercise, and ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF THIS MIRACLE!!!
Sheena I'm so excited for you! Yea! You're going to be a great mom. I understand on the worries that come with being pregnant. I'm in the same boat.
sooooo awesome!
Tip: My prenatal vitamins made me sick too. I ALWAYS threw them up if I took them in the morning or afternoon, even with food. Try taking it right before you go to bed. It worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you too!
You will have no problem losing the weight, if you even gain very much in the first place. The first baby most women don't gain too much and loose it easily. You can exercise while you are pregnant too. Since you worked out all of the time before you were pregnant your body is used to it. They just don't suggest working out if you were sedentary before you got pregnant. And just don't push it. It will be great!
Oh and I would be your closest relative and NOT on the east coast! Thank you very much!
Move to Utah and I will help you out. I will babysit for you and hang out with you and help you all of the time! There are several executive assistant jobs out here. hint hint! Love yoU!
Every pregnancy is different but your first is surreal! I loved it because it was all new. I had never felt or done it before. For nausea: keep crackers and a bottle of water by your bed and try to get a cracker down with a swallow or two of water before even standing up. It really helps. Flintstones chewable vitamins might make vitamin taking a little easier and I hear the gummy vitamins are a good alternative too. Don't worry about balanced nutrition too much right now. Your baby will take what it needs. I am so excited for you and Jeff!
Post a Comment