Thursday, December 8, 2011

Walt Disney World and Universal Studios

We just spent 10 fabulous days in Orlando with some of my family.  We had so much fun, and I was sad  the trip had to end.  Here are some highlights from our trip.  This is a long post, so brace yourself!

Thursday, Thanksgiving Day - Everyone arrived in Orlando. After our overnight flight was cancelled, Jeff and I were reassigned a flight on Thanksgiving Day....in first class!!!!! It was fantastic! Endless drinks, a hot towel before a delicious meal, extra room. We never want to fly coach again. Too bad first class is so expensive! We were finally able to tell my parents and everyone else that we are having a baby. My parents treated us to a fun night at Dave and Buster's. We had a great time playing games and enjoying our first day together.

Friday - Universal Studios' Islands of Adventure.  We were all excited for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  We spent hours in this section.  The best part was watching everyone try the nasty flavored jelly beans...vomit, soap, dirt, earthworm, rotten egg.  Mom, you need to post those pictures!!!  I refused to try them, but everyone's faces were priceless!!!

Trying Butterbeer for the first time.  I hated it, but everyone else really liked it.  Jeff, my dad, my mom (barely in the picture), Logan, and Dylan.

We were stoked for the ride!

Hogsmeade was awesome!

Saturday - Universal Studios.  Mom and Dad got us tickets to see the Blue Man Group for Christmas.  We loved it!  It was weird and different and cool all at the same time.  The best part was when they shot stuff out into the audience, and it smacked my mom right in the face.  She used her poncho to cover herself up, but she still got it everywhere...in her hair, on her clothes, everywhere.  Mom, we need that picture you took of us with the Blue Man.

Mom was picked to be a part of a scene at the attraction Disaster! (It was formally called Earthquake).  She did a great job and looked so cute in her hat!

Sunday - We went to church, took naps, Mom made a DELICIOUS Thanksgiving meal, played games, and said goodbye to Logan (He had to get back to PA for school). It was a nice, relaxing day.

Monday - We had fun at Downtown Disney, The Boardwalk, and the outlet mall.  It poured all day and was freezing cold, and we finally had to give in and buy ponchos.  We still had fun, though.  Here's a picture of Jeff having a good time at the World of Disney at Downtown Disney.

One of my very best friends, Michelle!  It was so great seeing her!!!  And, thanks for letting me borrow your sweater since it was so cold out!  It was a lifesaver!

Posing with some pretty cool Lego displays.

Tuesday - Animal Kingdom. We saw some cool animals on the safari ride and on the trails. SO many fun attractions at this park!




Just having fun...



We're goofballs.  We know.  That's why we're perfect for each other!


Really cool wall we found.


The most adorable baby gorilla.  Too bad we couldn't get a good picture of it.  Trust me, it was SOOOOOO cute!!!

Posing in front of Expedition Everest.



Wednesday - Epcot!  We didn't take too many pictures this day for some reason.  The only one we got in front of Spaceship Earth was with my niece's "Flat Shayna".   Ha!  We enjoyed exploring all the countries in the World Showcase and eating in Mexico.

Dylan sang in the Candlelight Processional with this high school chorus.  They did a great job!  I love this show.  We were freezing this night.  Even with blankets and hot chocolate, we were still cold.  My parents wore their ponchos to help hold in some heat.

Thursday - Magic Kingdom.  Cinderella's castle kicks the crap out of the castle at Disneyland!  We had so much fun at all the attractions!  We enjoyed a Dole Whip and spending more time with Michelle and her husband, Sean.


Look at this!  It is so beautiful!!!


Friday - Disney's Hollywood Studios.  I couldn't ride two of my favorite rides, Tower of Terror and Rockin' Roller Coaster, because I'm pregnant.  I was pretty sad, but everyone else had a great time on them.

My dad being a nerd.

Jeff's ready for the fun to begin!

This was, by far, everyone's favorite part of the day!  Check out my cousin, Jacob's, face.  He's the one in the orange with a terrified look on his face and grabbing onto his friend, Gavin.  Everyone said his screams were priceless.  This is one of the main reasons I was sad I couldn't ride Tower this year.  I missed out on this experience.  *sigh*

Jeff and Dylan on Rockin' Roller Coaster.

Mom, in the back row, getting her Aerosmith/Steven Tyler look on. Our friend, Kelsey, is beside her.

Jeff being Jeff.  I love this guy!

Mom...aka The Bag Lady...She carried so much stuff all vacation.  We had to exaggerate it a little bit and take picture.

Catching snowflakes on my tongue.

The awesome lights at Christmas.  One of my favorite things about the holidays at Disney World.



Dad and Mom.  Two of my favorite people!!!  I wish we lived closer because I sure do miss them terribly!

Saturday - Jeff and I headed back to San Diego.  We had such a great time and can't wait to do it again!

2 comments:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

F U N !!!!!! I LOVED your post!!! Great memories. I will post mine soon. I wish we lived closer too. We had a wonderful time with you and Jeff. Late night talks with everyone on your beds in your room. Hot chocolate wake up calls for Jeff. Monopoly Deal...... I love you and Jeff!!!!

Unknown said...

You totally could have ridden those rides! I rode tower of terror when I was four months pregnant and went water skiing when I was 6 weeks pregnant with another baby. The pregnant warning is for the 6 months and up crowd who still think they can ride without affecting the baby. Looks like a great vacation. Enjoy, soon you will be toting a little one:)