Life is good for the Burns family! We've been enjoying a few days off together before Jeff starts his new career! I'm so proud of him for all of the hard work he's put into this! Here are a few pictures of what we've been up to lately.
Jackson now eats rice cereal, peas, carrots, and bananas. We've been mixing the bananas in with the rice cereal the past few days, and it's a whole new world for him. I love seeing his face with every new food we give him. So far, he's liked everything.
He sleeps in the weirdest positions. Look at his legs here. He also fights sleep so much. He kicks his legs up on the air, blows slobbery bubbles with his mouth, and makes all kinds of noises trying to stay awake. I'm always saying, "Don't fight it, man! Just close your eyes!" I don't know what he thinks he'll miss out on by staying awake, but he gets so miserable because he fights it so much.
Nina and Papa sent gift cards for Christmas, so we bought Jackson a new toy. It's so hard finding toys for tall babies. We bought an exersaucer originally, but it was only for babies up to 30 inches. Jackson was that tall at his 4 month appointment. So, we got a walker and figured he could use it for a while. It's sad putting away some of his other stuff that he's outgrown. It's especially sad when I realized the other day that he's already in 9 month clothes! My little man is growing way too fast!!!
We needed a new car seat for Jackson since he's so tall. We bought one at Costco, but when trying to install it, we hated it. It was so hard to tighten. So, we returned it. We then looked at Target, Buy Buy Baby, and Target again, all in the same day. No luck...at least not for what we could spend. We looked online and found one we liked, so we ordered it from Babies R Us. Late the next day, we got an email saying they didn't have it in stock and were canceling our order. So, back to square one. Off to Walmart I went, and I actually found one I liked. So, I bought it. We took it out of the box and realized it wasn't a rear-facing car seat. Grrrrr....Back to the store we went. We then actually went to Babies R Us to look, but we finally decided to just buy one online. It's the same one we bought online before, but this time it's from Walmart. I got an email that it shipped, so hopefully, this time, we'll have more luck! I'm tired of shopping, researching, and returning car seats!
We've watched a few movies lately that I haven't mentioned.
We actually went on a date to see Skyfall while Jeff's dad babysat. It was the first (and only) time we left Jackson. It was weird not having him with us. The movie was pretty average. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.
I'm not afraid to admit that Jeff and I have seen every Step Up movie together. We actually really like them. The dancing is amazing! The acting, not so much. This one was one of the best ones of the four they've made. 2 1/2 stars for the acting and story line, and 4 stars for the dancing. :)
We wanted this to be better than what it was. 2 stars.
We want to see The Hobbit, but we haven't been hearing very good reviews on it. So, I don't know if we'll go see it.
Les Miserables looks good, and we want to see it. We saw a preview for it before Skyfall. They explained how they made it. The actors actually sang live while being filmed. They had an earpiece in their ears with a guy playing the piano while they sang. The orchestra was added after filming. It made the movie seem so much cooler.
We've been watching Christmas movies and listening to lots of Christmas music. Jackson loves dancing to the music. It's one of his favorite things to do. It's adorable.
Hope you all enjoyed your weekend.








No comments:
Post a Comment