Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Another week...

Jackson is becoming such a big boy.  He likes to do things by himself.  Forget sitting on Mommy's lap to watch anything on the computer.  He wants to do it himself.  *tear*

We decided it was finally time to invest in a table.  Our last table sat 2 people.  You could sit 4 people if you really had to, but it wasn't the most comfortable thing.  Jackson likes sitting at the table instead of off to the side in his seat, and we really wanted to be able to have friends over for dinner, so we decided to make the purchase.  
I wasn't about to put Jackson's seat on one of our new chairs, so we squeezed 3 chairs on one side and now have Jackson's seat at the table.  It doesn't look fancy, but he loves sitting at the table with us.  :)

Since our new table is so big, we had to move our desk out of the dining area.  It's now in our room.  We had to move the bookshelf in our room to make room for the desk.  It's hanging out off to the side while we figure out what to do with it.  (We need a bigger place!!!)  Our old kitchen table is sitting in our living room until we get rid of it.  My house is a mess, and I hate it.  But, I LOVE my new table!!! 

SO...........Jeff and I actually went on a date!  A REAL DATE!!!  Our first one since Jackson was born.  Sure, we went to a couple of movies when Jackson was a little younger, but he was always asleep.  This time, he was fully awake.  I was so worried leaving him with Jeff's sister and niece because he doesn't like being away from his "Mama" and "Daddin".  But, we REALLY wanted to see Catching Fire!!!  So, we drove the 50+ miles to drop off Jackson while we had some alone time.  Turns out, he only cried for a couple of minutes.  Hooray!  Autumn and Sarah were so great with him and played and played and played!  We are so thankful they were willing to watch him and give us some much needed time for just the 2 of us!  

Oh, and the movie was AMAZING!  The first movie lacked emotion and wasn't as good as it could have been.  Don't get me wrong, I liked it and all, but it disappointed me.  This one was fantastic!  There was more emotion from the actors, and it followed the book pretty closely (except for a few parts).  Loved it!  

We're spending Thanksgiving with some friends tomorrow.  Jeff and the husband of the other family are on similar schedules, so we'll only have about 2 hours together.  Not much time, but it will be nice to be with friends.  

I am in charge of a salad and rolls.  I've only ever made rolls once before, and they were ok.  This time, I tried a new recipe, let the bread maker do all the hard work, and here's what I got.  Hopefully, they taste as good as they look!!!





1 comment:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

Jackson looks so big sitting there.
Your rolls look delicious!
LOVED Catching Fire!