Thursday, December 26, 2013

Another Christmas...

Christmas has come and gone, and quite frankly, I'm happy about it.  I wasn't into Christmas this year.  At all!!!  I've always loved Christmas, everything about it!  I'm the person who would start listening to Christmas music in September and not stop until February.  This year, I'm lucky if I listened to 10 Christmas songs.  Call me Scrooge.  I even took down the Christmas tree and decorations today.  I was going to take them down yesterday but figured I had to at least leave them up until the day AFTER Christmas.

I know why I wasn't too into Christmas this year.  There are a few reasons.  I'll try to spare you of too many details...

1.  It's been like 80 degrees here!  Seriously!  To me, Christmas means cold weather and snow. Warm jackets and boots. So many people post status updates saying they love the weather this time of year and are so happy they live here and blah blah blah.  I, on the other hand, HATE not having seasons.  The weather is basically the same all year round.  How boring is that?!?!?  I want changing leaves in the fall and snowy winter days and warm summer nights.  *sigh*

2.  Jeff had to work Christmas night. BOO!  Sure, we had him almost all day, but nothing like spending Christmas night all alone.

3.  I miss my family...especially during the holidays.  I haven't been home for Christmas since 2009!  That's a long time.  My family does so much for Christmas...parties and food and laughter and fun! I cry every year because I am missing out.

4.  I've been a bit depressed and struggling with some other issues for the past year or so.  I'm trying to work out some issues I have.  But, nothing like being down in the dumps during this time of year.

So, there you have it. The main reasons for my "bah, humbug" attitude.  Hopefully, next year can be merry and bright.  I hope you all had a great Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Derek said...

We're here for ya Sheena!

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

Just think, you not only are missing the parties and food, you are missing the extra 10 pounds I gain every Christmas! Hey, everyone's lives are changing. Even our Christmas Eve party had to be on the 26th because Greg's family did Christmas on Christmas Eve so Darla could be with her family on Christmas. You are just coming into the best years henit comes to Christmas. You are looking at it through the eyes of a child. It is magical! We don't have that anymore.