Jeff showed me this great article on parenting (See the link below). I think that by following some of the advice it gives, I can learn to cope with dealing with Jackson and his behavior. Being a mom is HARD!!! I don't think I am cut out for the job. I feel like a failure most days. Some days, I just want to shut myself in a room and not come out. Maybe by doing some of the things in this article, I can deal with everything better. I sure hope so, otherwise, I am going to go CRAZY!!!!!
http://attachmentparenting.org/blog/2010/03/03/staying-patient/
Friday, December 27, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Great article - thanks for sharing it. Sometimes we just need some specific examples of what to say. - Our kids do too - it doesn't all come naturally. Kids and parents have to learn how to behave and interact peaceably with others :) I feel like I'll go crazy sometimes too, it is hard being a mom! I miss alone time and not having to worry about anyone but myself, not that I don't love my kids. It's just hard. If you ever want to do a play date give me a call!
first of all, you should know that you are NORMAL to feel the way you do. parenting is never shown the way it really is...hard. you really only see everyone else doing it well, and they make it seem seamless. i am the first to admit that i struggle with parenting my children EVERY. DAY. no joke. i have also felt the same way you do. not feeling like i am cut out for to be the stay-at-home-mom type. i think for a very small group it comes very naturally, but for the rest of us it is a struggle. what helps me is getting OUT, even if i don't feel like dragging my grumpy two year old to a store or a park. inevitably it is the part of my day that helps calm me down and feel human. xo
If you think 18 months is hard, trust me, it is a breeze compared to 18 years. Enjoy the little problems. When they grow up, the problems grow too. I would take my days with my little ones over again in a heartbeat. They liked me then. LOL!!!
Post a Comment