Monday, June 1, 2015

Hiking, Sea World, and lots of smiles!

During Jeff's 10 days off from work, we did a lot of fun stuff!  One day, we ventured out to go on a "hike" at a new trail we found.  We didn't know what to expect, so we didn't really wear hiking attire. We mostly wanted to take a picnic lunch and enjoy some nature.


 This is how we roll when Collin gets hungry after just putting him in the carrier.  Classy!

The trail was cool, but it wasn't good for little kids.  There were too many steep climbs and some cliffs with drop offs.  We didn't go very far before turning around.  The scenery was beautiful, though.....even though there was a TON of poison oak everywhere! I wasn't crazy about having to eat my lunch awkwardly on this big rock.  There were no picnic areas.  I was starving, though.  

Of course, Sea World was a part of our time off together!



Check out this random little boy going to town on this nasty turkey leg!!!  Those things smell good, but look disgusting!  And, his parents weren't really paying much attention to him while he was eating it.  Hello, bones! Choking hazard! I guess I'm more worried about stuff like that than his parents obviously were.

We got Jackson on a few rides...

...but he wasn't crazy about this one.

Collin is sporting his Aquabats onsie.  This was Jackson's when he was little, and Jeff couldn't wait for the day that Collin was able to finally wear it.  



Feeding Duffy some lunch.

We had our family pictures taken by a photographer I found on Living Social.  Kelly Wilson Photography at Landmark Studios.  She was awesome!  As she was editing some of them the other day, she texted me a few.  I can't wait to see the rest!!!!



 Jackson likes to wear things on his head. 

This boy's smile kills me!





Jackson is really into coloring these days, and Jeff and I enjoy coloring with him.  There's something therapeutic about it.  Jeff got all artsy and drew some fun pictures.

Jackson fell asleep today, so I had some rare quiet time while both boys slept.  I was even able to take a quick nap myself!  It was fantastic!


Since Jackson took a nap, he wasn't ready for bed at 6:00 like he usually is.  So, we headed to this awesome park down the street.  Jackson was hesitant about the water, but he enjoyed everything else about it and said he wants to go back tomorrow.


He loved the huge swing, but we still can't push him too high.  



2 comments:

weedle11 said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the family pictures! So cute! That water park looks like so much fun. Miss you guys!

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

Jeff is quite the artist! Your eyes are SO blue in your family pictures!! They are like your dad's.