Monday, October 12, 2015

Sea World, Disneyland, and family fun...

The past few weeks have been fun.  Some days, we wish our lives were different.  We wish we could travel more, that we had money to do things to our house, that we actually had friends to hang out with...but, in the end, when we look at all we've been blessed with, we have it pretty good.  Even though Jackson and Collin drive me nuts and have tried every last ounce of patience in my body, we still have a lot of good times.  Things definitely go smoother and everyone is happier when Jeff is off and can help deal with everything!  :)

We're still rocking out to the Imagination Movers!
 

We spent some time at Sea World to see their Halloween decorations. 


Jackson wears this sombrero on a daily basis, and he looks adorable!  

We've had quite the meltdowns lately. (Gotta love age 3!)  Jackson doesn't do too well with time outs, so I've resorted to a different punishment.  He has to stand in the corner.  He hates it!  


We saw some cool animals at the zoo.  Jackson LOVES leopards, and he was super excited to see quite a few of them.


He loves saying things will make him strong, and when he says it, he flexes.  I love it!










We spent a hot, hot, HOT day at Disneyland and enjoyed their Halloween decorations.  Their decorations kick the crap out of Sea World's.  :)






This kid loves Jessie from Toy Story and always lights up when he sees her, even on It's A Small World.  I hope he can meet her someday.  We haven't been able to find her yet, or she hasn't been out when we've tried.  




 

 


This pretty much explains how Collin feels about meeting the characters.  He's never too sure.
 




I guess he was a little tired!

Thankfully, he transferred to the stroller and slept a bit longer.  

I rocked it on Buzz Lightyear this time around.  I was pretty proud of myself!

Jackson loved Buzz Lightyear so much, so we let him get a souvenir.  The lines weren't too long the day we went, and he ended up riding it three times...walking right on each time.  

It's only taken a year of living in our house, but Jackson finally likes going out into the backyard!  Maybe it's because we finally got some pest control people to come out and spray, so the spiders haven't been as bad as usual.  His favorite thing to do is ride his car/4-wheeler.
 


Here he is doing the "strong" pose again...and saying "STRONG" while doing the pose.


We're going on a Disney Cruise in November (YAY!!!!), and when Jackson found out they had a pirate night, he was so excited.  I bought him this cute outfit for $8 at Walmart.  How cute is he?!?! 

He likes a show called Kipper on Netflix, and here we are reenacting a scene from one of the shows.  Kipper and Tiger are in a tent, covered by a blanket, and reading a book with their "torch".  Jackson always says phrases from the show, and it's adorable.  He calls the flashlight a torch, he'll say, "Can I have a go?", and a few other things I can't think of right now. 


One of my favorite things is seeing and hearing these two play pirates!  Jeff is such a fun dad, and I'm glad because I do not like playing.  I'm more of a "let's sit on the couch and read a book" type of mom.  All the fun is saved for when Jeff has off.

Taking a walk this morning before the heat hit us for the day.



So, like I mentioned, we are going on a cruise, and it's pretty much all we can think and talk about these days.  After the cruise, we are heading home to visit my family in PA for a few weeks.  It's a MUCH needed vacation! I can't wait!!!!!  Hope you all have a fun Halloween!!!!

1 comment:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

Well my life must be pathetic! You do WAY more than I ever do. Fun pictures!!! Three year olds are stressful. He will out grow it. Collin just goes with the flow. Jeff is a way cool dad!!!!