Saturday, August 16, 2008

My thoughts on sports....

So, it seems that recently, all my friends want to do is participate in sports related activities. Tennis, volleyball....whatever the case may be. Last week, I sat for 3 hours watching them play tennis, and last night, I sat around while they played volleyball for almost 2 hours.


Now, it's not that I hate sports, it's just that watching them is not on the top 100 (maybe more) list of things I find enjoyable. I have no sports ability in me, as it skipped me when I was born. I don't see why people get all into them like they do, screaming and yelling at the players and coaches.


I don't understand all the rules, and this probably doesn't help either. Now, there are a few sports that I do think are kind of cool....gymnastics, ice skating, skateboarding, surfing, and other extreme sports. I think these things take real talent. I won't get all into this because I know people will try to argue with me, so that's all I'll say about this topic.


Anyways, I just think life needs to be balanced. I love to watch movies and go to new places and just walk around. I love musicals and the theater and concerts. I love going to the beach at night and just spending quality time with people I enjoy being with. I like meaningful conversations and really getting to know someone on a deeper level. There are SO many other things to do besides play sports.


On a different note, we got out of work yesterday at 12:30 because of an odor in our office. We got a new roof put on, and the smell from it was terrible. I guess according to federal law or whatever, we were required to be sent home.....WITH pay! Oh yeah! I stopped at Bath and Body Works to stock up on lotion and soap and lip gloss and then went to the pool with Staci. :-) It made my weekend that much better.


Tonight, I am going to see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. I still have to see Mama Mia, too. I don't get to the movies very often here, and it makes me sad. We usually rent movies from Redbox, though, so I stay caught up that way.


I'm going to try and read some more in Breaking Dawn today. Hopefully I can get over this hump and start really enjoying it. My friend, Sean-Paul, who is totally straight, has read the whole series! He likes them, and I think "If he can read the series and like them, certainly I can get through this last book!" haha....


Well, I'm off to the gym and then to get groceries. Typical Saturday things. :-)

1 comment:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

I LOVE SEAN PAUL!! Any guy that reads Twilight and likes them is awesome.