So, I came home early from work today because I felt like I was going to throw up. Probably too much info, I know, but hey, it's life. I started getting sick around lunchtime, so I slept for 30 minutes in my car. Then, it got worse and worse I left around 2:15pm. I hate leaving early because the money is always needed, and because I get headaches/migraines a lot and leave early for those. Maybe it's just work. Maybe WORK is what is making me sick. Maybe I'm allergic to work or something. haha...if only.
So, Jeff and I enjoyed our first Easter together yesterday. I surprised him with his basket in the morning. He hugged and kissed me for about 5 minutes before I made him see what was in it. He said he felt bad because he didn't get me anything. I insisted that my purpose was not to get anything in return. I wasn't expecting anything, and it didn't bother me AT ALL that he didn't get me anything. I had fun putting his basket together and seeing him look through it.
I'm excited to watch The Karate Kid (one of the movies I got him) with Jeff. He's never seen it! Seriously, how can you be born in the 80's and never see The Karate Kid?!?! It's like saying you've never seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off or Pretty in Pink or something! :-) A guy gave a talk one Sunday in church and talked about the movie, and that's when I found out Jeff had never seen it. The analogy he related to the movie was pretty cool. I feel like sharing. I might get some of it wrong, and I apologize...
He said that in the movie, the Karate Kid is wants to learn karate. So, he goes to Mr. M (we'll just call him that for short since I have no idea how to spell the name) agrees to teach him. But first, he tells him that he must wax his car. So, he shows him exactly how to do it. Then, he tells him he needs to paint his fence, and he shows him exactly how to do that
Well, the Karate Kid is getting frustrated at this point because all he wants to learn is karate, and here he is wasting his time. He goes to Mr. M and complains, but Mr. M goes to hit him and the Karate Kid blocks him. He's surprised, but Mr. M explains that all those chores he had him do were to prepare him for karate. It takes learning it a little at a time.
It went something like that, but the speaker related it to how we go to the Lord for things, and he may help us or teach us but we may not recognize it at first. He may have us wax a car or paint a fence even though the thing we asked for has nothing to do with that. He really is preparing us for what we need/want, but he does it in his way which is the best way.
I wish I had the analogy exactly right because it was way better the Sunday I heard it. But, I think you get the gist of it. Anyways, so after church yesterday (we go from 1-4), Jeff and I went to his Mom's house for dinner. His siblings were all there (minus Bobby, Jeff's brother. He's never there, though.). We had lasagna. It was pretty good. Nothing like my mom's meals or Mom Mom's meals, but it had to do. After that, we came home and just hung out at the apt. I love our apt. We are still getting it decorated and everything, but it's coming together nicely.
We leave for PA on Friday, and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited. It's hard being so far away from family. The closet family I have lives in Utah, and that's a 10 hour drive!! I wish I lived closer to everyone. I miss them A LOT!
We are having our PA reception on Saturday. I'm really excited for that because I'll know everyone there. The CA reception was mostly Jeff's people, except for my awesome family and friends who came out for it!!! Love you guys!!! We get in Friday night, have our reception Saturday, hang out with the family Sunday, and leave at the crack of dawn on Monday morning It's a quick trip, but I'll just have to make the most of it!!!
Well, I think I need to go back to bed and rest. This will have to do for now....
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Sounds like fun!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE Jeff has never seen THE KARATE KID!!!! Johnny and Vance have seen it! Did he like it? Has he seen Goonies? HMMMMMMMM
I am jealous you will be in PA and I can't come!! Sadness. I wish I would be there.
Post a Comment