I wrote the following right after the 4th but never posted it. So, here it is.......What a fun, fast, busy weekend we had on the 4th! My weekend started at 5 o’clock on Thursday….as soon as I stepped out of the building where I work. I headed home to meet my man who had a turkey burger waiting for me. He made us both one so we could eat on the way to the temple. We had a good trip to the temple and went to the gym afterwards. I was tired, so I just walked for the hour while we were there. I watched CNN on the TV. Larry King was at the Neverland Ranch. It looks so peaceful and fun there. Michael Jackson…may he rest in peace. Haha…Jeff and I love saying that anytime we say Michael Jackson. We’re nerds, I know.
Friday, we had a lazy day. We were in no rush to go anywhere or get anything done. We woke up around 10:30ish. I love sleeping in! Then, we had breakfast, did some of Jeff’s math homework, did some stuff online, read our scriptures together and separately, went to the gym, went to the pool, went to Costco, and hung out with our friends Dave and Jackie. It was a great day.
Saturday, we slept in until about 10 o’clock, had breakfast, and got our things ready to head up to the Balboa Peninsula at Newport Beach. The drive up there was about 1 hour and 15 minutes which wasn’t bad, but there was NO PARKING anywhere. We had to park about 1 ½ miles away and walk to where we were going. Jeff’s cousin, Sean, is married to Allie and Allie’s grandparents live in Newport Beach. So, we met up with them at the beach and spent about 3 hours there. My nose is red. I look like Rudolph.
After the beach, we had a big tennis tournament, but I didn’t play. I didn’t have shoes other than my flip flops, and I was tired from being out in the sun so much. Jeff played and had fun, except he didn’t have socks with his shoes, so he got a nice blister on his foot. After that, Jeff and I decided to head back home. We stopped off at Taco Bell (chicken crunch-wrap supreme…yum!!!) and then headed to see the fireworks. They were pretty good, except there was so much smoke that we could only see about ½ of them. After the fireworks, we headed home for ice cream (Jeff and I both LOVE ice cream and eat it almost every night. Good thing I work out every day or I’d be 5,000 pounds!) and a movie. We watched the Sandlot. I forgot how much I LOVE that movie. So many quotable lines. I was laughing the whole time. “You’re killing me Smalls.”
Sunday was our usual breakfast/church/dinner/walk/movie day. Jeff and I were thinking about future names for kids. Haha….so weird for me to even think about having a child someday. We are having a hard time thinking of boy’s names. We have 2 girls names picked out, but I won’t share them because what if someone steals them? Haha…Last night, we watched Freaky Friday, the one with Lindsay Lohan before she was a psycho lesbian. She used to be such a good actress. Too bad she went off the deep end.
Jeff heard back from the company he was hoping to get a job with. They ended up redoing the position, so it’s not even the same thing anymore. They made it more of a janitorial position with less pay. So, he’s back to square one just looking and applying like crazy!!! Poor guy. He’s dying to work.
I don’t wish people a Happy Birthday on my blog my making a special post. I figure that everyone else does, so I don’t need to. But, I will say a Happy Birthday to Johnny on the 3rd and MaKayla on the 5th. Alia’s is the 9th and Dad’s is the 17th so Happy Birthday to them, too!!! Love you all!!!
NOW FOR AN UPDATE!!!!! Jeff has a second interview with that company, so it may look promising after all. Please keep your fingers crossed for us. Having a husband out of work for 6 weeks makes money tight, especially in California!!! Yesterday, we went hiking near our apt at a place called the Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve or something like that. What a fun hike!!!
The weeks are just flying by. Probably because I'm having so much fun being married. Jeff and I are able to go to Utah in less than 2 weeks to be with my family. What a great family I have. I am so blessed for all they do for me. Especially my parents. THANK YOU a million times!!!!!
Jeff and I have to speak in church in a few hours. Jeff loves to speak, and has been known to ask for speaking assignments in church before. NOT ME!!!! I try to hide from the bishopric. I don't care to speak in church. I just don't feel like I have anything to say. Our topic is Service. HARD ONE!!!!! Why couldn't it have been the Atonement or something. Service? Geesh! Mine will be about 5 minutes. Jeff can make up the rest. haha....I get to introduce us, though, so that will take some time.
Pictures are from the beach at the 4th of July, washing Jeff's car, and on our hike. Enjoy!



4 comments:
Did I just read you are coming to UT??? YEAH! I didn't think you'd be able to make it but I'm glad things worked out. Can't wait to see you!
I love your posts!
Loved the update and the pictures! Thanks.
Fun Fun Fun! I love your bathing suit!!
Sheena - I love your pictures, you guys are so cute! Looks and sounds like your first 3 months have been utter bliss. May that be the case for the next 300,000!!! Love you guys
Post a Comment