Friday, July 3, 2009






What a great and busy week. First of all, HAPPY JULY! I can’t believe it’s already here. We’ll be celebrating the 4th of July tomorrow. School’s are out for the summer. Families are taking vacations. The beaches are crowded. I love this time of year.

Last Thursday, Jeff and I had friends over for Transformers. We watched it in the movie theater at our apt complex. I love the first one, and it brings back memories of watching the cartoon when I was little. Friday night, we were super excited to see the 2nd one. We got a group of friends together, finally got into a show (they were all selling out like crazy), and saw the much anticipated movie. What a let down. L It was nothing but lots of metal fighting and unnecessary swearing. It was too long and didn’t have that great of a plot. I gave it a five and that’s probably only because I was in a good mood. Sad day because I was really excited about it.

Saturday, Jeff and I did our usual working out at the gym and then headed to Balboa Park. It’s this huge park in San Diego with all kinds of museums, little gardens, restaurants, etc. We walked around for a while, played some Bocce Ball and some Smashball, got some cool pictures, and then headed out. After that we went to this beach called Black’s Beach. I guess part of it is a nude beach, but don’t worry, we didn’t go to that part. J The hike down to the beach was pretty much all downhill, so you can imagine the hike back to our car. It probably took us about 10 minutes each way.

That night, we made dinner at the apt and watched 27 Dresses. As usual, I fell asleep. Jeff loved the movie, though. Sunday after church, we went to the beach again. This time we went to a beach in Encinitas. I can’t remember what it’s called. We sat on a blanket, read our scriptures, and just enjoyed the ocean’s beauty. I could sit and stare at the water for hours. It amazes me how it all works…..That night, we watched Aladdin. Nothing like a good Disney movie on a Sunday night.

Jeff’s been a little frustrated with his math class, and who can blame him?!?! Math isn’t always fun. And, the worst part is that you don’t use it EVER after college unless you become a Mathematician or a Scientist or something. Other than that, it’s just basic math that is used on a day to day basis.

We are planning lots of beach time this coming weekend. We are going with Sean and Allie to Newport Beach on Saturday. Some of Allie’s family lives there. I hope we’ll be able to see fireworks somewhere. You can’t have the 4th of July without fireworks. Man, I’d love to see the Disney World fireworks. I miss Disney World. Hopefully, I’ll be able to take Jeff there someday. He’s never been!!! Disney World is WAY cooler than Disneyland hands down!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful Independence Day. Be thankful for the freedoms we enjoy and all that we are blessed with.

Enjoy the pictures. They are of Jeff and I at Six Flags, eating lunch together, at Black's Beach, and at Balboa Park. Jeff took the cool one of the sunflower.

2 comments:

Kara said...

For my (online) master's classes, myteacher is from Oceanside! And, he teaches alternative high school in Escondido! How crazy is that??!!

I love hearing your news and I am always jealous of your beach trips - that would be awesome to go to the beach and watch the waves and put your feet in the sand whenever you wanted! Hope you had a happy 4th!

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

Still loving the pictures and the updates. Thanks!