The following was meant to be posted last week, but I got so busy that I didn't have time to post it. So, here's for last week, and after this, I will update on what's gone on since then....
Life just keeps getting better and better. Today is mine and Jeff’s 4 month anniversary, and I can hardly believe it. I can just imagine when it’s like 40 and we’re looking back saying the same thing. Some things I’ve learned since being married….
-Married is a blast. We laugh ALL the time. We are weird and goofy and just like to see each other smile and laugh.
-Married life is all about learning how each other work and how you work together as a couple. But, despite disagreements, we COMMUNICATE and solve the problem within 5 minutes. Communication is so important.
-Married life is expensive. We pay a lot more in rent, food, entertainment, etc. But, I wouldn’t change it for the world. Nothing like having the man I love at my side.
-I can’t go on every vacation with my parents anymore. L Sad, but true. They are going to Orlando to see Dylan in the Candlelight show at Epcot this Christmas, and as much as I would love to go, I have come to the realization that being married does not allow me to do these things as frequently anymore. Maybe some day when I’m wealthy all of this will change.
These are just a few of the many things I’ve learned about being married. There are so many more, but these are just a few that come to my mind right now.
So, the other night, Jeff had just eaten Lucky Charms after his class. As we were getting ready for bed, I smelled something and said, “Phewwww…did you fart?” He started laughing and said, “No, I burped!” We cracked up for like 10 minutes. Now, it’s the big joke between us. I’m telling you, it was a pretty bad burp. Don’t eat lucky charms and burp. You’ll regret it. Haha…
This past weekend, Jeff and I treated ourselves. Well, actually, Jay Robb treated us. You see, a few weeks ago, Jay gave every employee a $100 gift card because we made more last month than any other month in the history of Jay Robb Enterprises. We hit the $1.7 million dollar mark. Jeff and I used that money and had a date night on Friday. We went and saw 500 Days of Summer which was really good. It was from the Sundance Film Festival so it’s not in all theaters. We also ate at this place called BJ’s. Yum!
Saturday, we drove up to Santa Monica to go hiking in the Topanga State Park (yep, Topanga just like from Boy Meets World. I know you were thinking it!!!). We hiked for a while and then used the same $100 gift card to eat at the Cheesecake Factory in Huntington Beach. We had 2 free movie passes to a Cinemark that I had gotten while in Utah and since one of the only Cinemarks around is in Huntington Beach, we decided to use our tickets while we could. We went and saw My Sister’s Keeper. It reminded me a lot of my aunt, Diane. I cried a lot and really liked the movie. Very touching. The actors in it are amazing. Go see it if you can. But, be prepared to take tissues with you!!!
Now, for the update since then.......
We went to Utah last weekend. It was great. We left early Thursday morning and got into Salt Lake around 12:30pm. My wonderful family met us and we went straight to Temple Square. I love it there. It's so amazing to think that the temple took 40 years to build. The hard work and time that went into building that temple are amazing. After the temple we went to eat at Olive Garden and then headed to the Oquirrh Mountain open house. I loved this temple. I have only been inside the San Diego Temple, so it was nice to see inside another temple. Everything about it was beautiful. I'm glad my nieces and nephews and Ashley got to see it. So many people think we are hiding things from the outside world because not just everyone can go inside once it's dedicated, but this is not the case. Anyone and everyone can go inside during the open house, so they should take advantage of it so they can see that we aren't hiding anything.
Friday, Jeff and I went with Mom, Dad, Ashley, Logan, Dylan, and all the grandkids to Boondaks (spelling?) for some go-karting, bumper boating, and arcade games. Jeff and I played 3 mean games of air hockey. We were tied after the first 2 games, but Jeff pulled through on the 3rd game. Dad, Jeff, and I were addicted to Stacker. Dad probably spent $100 on this game. We didn't beat it, but man, I wish we could have. Dad loves arcade games, and when he finds a game he wants to beat, WATCH OUT!!! He'll be there all day.
Later that night, we went to Scott and Deb's house for a family picnic/family reunion. It was cool seeing family that we don't get to see very often. Jeff was all cute playing with the kids and having a water balloon fight with them. Then, Jeff and I were jumping on the trampoline with the kids. They loved it, and so did we. We're both just big kids at heart.
Saturday we explored BYU Bookstore, University Mall, Seagull Book, and the Y Mountain (we didn't have time to hike it). We ate at Outback where I actually found something I kind of liked. Go figure. We went home and watched bedtime stories that night. Of course, Cold Stone was stopped at every single night before heading back to Weedle's house. That's a given.
Sunday was church and the Great Salt Lake. It turned out to be not so great as we were getting attacked by these little flies. Blah. They were everywhere...in our hair, up our noses, all over our clothes....it was nasty.
We left on Monday. It was a fast, but super fun weekend. Weedle's house was absolutely packed with people, shoes, suitcases, and air mattresses. Jeff and I were so exhausted. We got back to San Diego, and came home and slept for 4 solid hours. It felt so good!!!
This week has been going by pretty fast. Then again, it's only a 4 day work week for me. Yay!!!! Jeff started his new job with Genoptix, and he loves it. He works right down the road from me, so we'll be carpooling to work. It will save on gas and mileage, which is always a good thing. Jeff was out of work for 2 months and 2 days. We prayed a million times a day during that time that he would find something. Our prayers were finally answered. Jeff thinks he'll really like this new position. It keeps him busy and the people he works with are super nice.
Ok, so that's the update for the past two weeks. I probably bore everyone to death with these long posts, but once I start writing, I can't stop. I don't even care if anyone reads these or not. It's kind of like an outlet, a journal, a chance for me to relive what's been going on in my life.



4 comments:
Um...I care and I love your posts. The pictures are great. As usual thamks to your artsy husband!
Sheena I love reading your posts and you always have the best pictures!!! It does stink to grow up cuz I can't go on every vacation with your parents anymore either! :) Def. miss that! So glad to see you're still loving married life and that Jeff got a great new job!!!
Congrats to you both on Jeff's job! I know how nervewracking unemployment can be!
And also, I love your hair!
It stinks when your kids grow up and can't go on every vacation anymore. But now that we are grown up Liz, we should go on MORE vacations together. We do have MANY GOOD memories.
Post a Comment