Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Stomp your heart out!

We went to see Stomp on Saturday! We started our night off at the Cheesecake Factory thanks to a gift card from Mom and Dad at Christmas. Mmm mmm good! Then, we headed up to Hollywood to see Stomp. I've seen it before, but it's been over 10 years. Jeff had never seen it before. We loved it! It's so amazing what they can make music out of...plastic grocery bags, matchboxes, kitchen sinks! Amazing!

We've been hanging out with James and Christy LaLane recently. Jeff grew up with James but they weren't really that good of friends. James and Christy used to be in our ward, but then, major boundary changes occurred, and they were put in a different ward. We've made dinner for each other, played the Wii, had hot chocolate and Tim Tams, and had fun getting to know them better. I love friends that are up for anything and fun to talk to!

I have been busy doing my calling as Relief Society Secretary. Since it's a new ward, the whole Presidency is new (except for me) which means lots of forms to create and handouts to make. It's crazy, but I like being productive and contributing....even if I do complain once in a while.

So, my white gold engagement and wedding ring started looking pretty drabby recently. It was starting to turn gold in color since white gold is synthetic (it's a mixture of gold and other things to make it look silver in color). I had never taken it in to get cleaned, but on Friday, we drove down to San Diego for that very purpose. Holy difference! It's like a brand new ring! I think I'll be taking it in every 6 months as they suggest! I stared at it for 2 days because it's so sparkly and looks brand new!

We've found the apt we want to move into next month when our lease is up. It's a 1 bedroom, but we'd save $380.00 a month! I'll take the savings any day! We won't have a garage anymore, but we'll have extra storage. We really only use our 2nd bedroom that we have now for storage. We don't get visitors all that often. I'm really excited. It will be a pain moving, even if we don't have all that much stuff, but the money we'll save will make it SO worth it! And, it's only 1 mile from our other place, so we'll still be able to shop at the same grocery store and go to the same gym! Two small things but big things to us.

I just found out that Shannon might come out here in May for a visit. That girl travels more than anyone I've ever known! I don't know how she affords it, but I'm excited she'll possibly come to visit. It's a toss up between California and a cruise to a bunch of different countries. I told her to go for the cruise. It's way more exciting. haha....But, it will be so fun if she comes here!

That's the update for now. Jeff has some pictures. I'll have to get them and post them. I want to be better about blogging. This girl I know has her blog attached to her facebook. I think that's a cool idea. I might not make mine private anymore either. People tend not to read it because they aren't bloggers and don't want to log in every time. I don't know....we'll see.

Until next time, I'll just be enjoying the sunshine here in Cali! :-)

3 comments:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

Stopm is so Amazing!! We loved it. We are going to see Grease in Pittsburgh in March. I love stuff like that. Happy moving. It will be nice to save $380 a month. That will make the car payment and probably then some. Live frugal now and you will be farther ahead later.

Enjoy the sunshine while we enjoy our 60 plus inches of snow!

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

STOMP is amazing too. HA HA HA

weedle11 said...

Fun! I would love to go see Stomp again. I think the boys would love it too.

Moving will be exciting. it is like starting all over kind of. Well, Moving once or twice is exciting then after that it is a pain. I hope I don;t have to do it for a LONG LONG LONG time.

I love getting my ring cleaned. I know exactly what you mean. Mine is actually starting to look like that too. Hmmm. Time to get it cleaned. I also get it re-coated every year or so. It makes a huge difference.