These past few weeks have been so busy for us. It seems like we don’t have any time to just rest. I can only imagine when we start having kids! Yikes!
Friday night, our friends, Dave and Jackie, invited us over to watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics. Jeff had never seen any of the Olympics before, and I had watched them here and there in the past. This was our first opening ceremony, though. Well, we were completely disappointed. We thought it was boring and didn’t make sense. (What was with the kids flying in the air over the field????) And those poor dancers having to dance around while each country was announced! I’m sure they were exhausted and bored!
The best part of the night was when all of the countries were coming out. We’d be like, “Ooh Brazil is up next…” It wasn’t until the very end of the alphabet (we’re talking the t’s or u’s here) that Jeff realized the countries were listed on the bottom of the screen. He said he was thinking the whole time, “How do you know who is up next?!?!” We cracked up!
Jeff had asked me on a date for Saturday. (He always asks me on dates. It one of the many cute things he does.) He asked me to go to breakfast at Mimi’s Café. We had gotten free coupons because we joined their e-club! (Thanks for the tip, Weedle!) We really liked the breakfast. I had an egg white, tomato, and broccoli omelet with wheat toast and skim milk. Jeff had an omelet with cheese, green peppers, onions, and some hot, spicy stuff. Blah! His came with a muffin, too.
That night, Jeff took me to see Dear John. We really liked it. I cried a lot. I’d definitely recommend it. (There’s a new one with Miley Cyrus coming out soon. I want to see that one, too.) Jeff is looking forward to Alice In Wonderland on March 5th. We watched I Hate Valentine’s Day on Sunday. It had come via Netflix. It has the main lady and guy from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Well, don’t waste your money. It was DUMB! I give it about ½ a star.
Because we had gotten Netflix and Clearplay for each other for Valentine’s Day, we didn’t exchange gifts. But, Jeff wrote me the sweetest letter on Sunday. He asked me to read it out loud, but I didn’t make it past the 3rd line. I swear, I’ve turned into the biggest baby since being married. Ok, ok, I know I was pretty emotional before, but it’s gotten worse. Poor Jeff! But, he loves me just the way I am!
This week is busy, too. Tonight we are going to the Temple, tomorrow night we both have church meetings, Thursday night, I’m going to this charity thing for Schap (check out their site. It’s amazing what the women in Africa do with paper! http://schap.info/SCHAP/Home/Home.html ) Friday nights are our date nights, and then Saturday we have to sign the lease for our new apartment and we are going to this party/get together with a bunch of people from church. Busy, but fun!
So, basically I hate taxes. After doing our state and federal taxes, we’ve come to the realization that we owe about $1,000.00! Seriously! How did that happen when we both put a 1 on our W-4!!!! Jeff’s sister is going to review them and see if there is anything she can do. My dad tried and did his best to lower it, now hopefully she can do something! Like we have $1000 lying around! Dumb government!
Well, I still haven’t posted pictures. I need to do that. I’ll write it down and make it a goal. Happy Mardi Gras!
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I really likes dear John too! Jeff is such a good guy. We love him.
Sorry about your taxes. Reality stinks.
Post a Comment