
But, then, things got better because Jeff and I celebrated our one year anniversary together in San Francisco! What a fun city. We did all the major touristy things…Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz were my absolute favorites. We did Union Square, Lombard Street, Ghirardelli Square, Pier 39, Fisherman’s Wharf, took a day trip to Muir Woods and Sausalito, rode a cable car multiple times, and much, much more. We couldn’t believe all the hills! I didn’t realize how steep they were! We had a great time Jeff gets all the credit for the awesome photos!!!
The HUGE cables that hold the bridge together:
The amazing Golden Gate Bridge:
*We walked across the bridge and up a nearby hill to get some pretty amazing pictures!
Some cool shots:
The Full House Shot:
*I was so looking forward to these pictures!!!
A really cool wall in Chinatown
Muir Woods which is part of the Redwoods:


Eating our wedding cake on March 21, 2010 to celebrate 1 year together! It still tasted pretty good!
After our trip, we had to pack our apartment because we were moving to a one bedroom in a different complex to try to save $400 a month! We packed all week, and on Friday moved a majority of our things. Well, shortly after, when I was putting stuff away, I opened the bathroom cupboard under the sink and got a nice surprise….BLACK MOLD! It was down hill from there. There was a terrible smell and these little gnats flying around everywhere. We called maintenance three different times, only to have them tell us nothing was wrong. Finally, on the fourth time, we made sure they came when we were home. We pointed out the mold to them, and they saw what we had been dealing with. Crazy that they didn’t see it before. Maybe they were trying to ignore what bigger problem was beneath all that we could see? Who knows.
Here's the proof of our problem:
Luckily, they let us out of our lease, but that meant we had to find a new place STAT! Thankfully, we found an apt that was available, and it was in a complex that Jeff had always wanted to move to. It’s only 3 years old and gorgeous! We aren’t saving as much money, but I’ll take saving less money if that means no black mold and bugs!!!
In one day, we had keys to three different apartments all at once! Our lease at our first place overlapped with the moldy, bug infested apartment, and the last day was March 31st. So, we had those two sets of keys as well as the keys to our nice, new place. I never want that to happen again. Another positive thing, though, is that the apt complex with the mold/bugs paid for movers since we had just moved in and unpacked EVERYTHING! That saved us so much more hassle!
Just for fun...Here's a picture of an alarm clock I had since 4th grade! It was 20 years old. I got it from my parents for my birthday that year. It was a great clock, but it was finally time to let it go. It was hard, but I have this picture to remember it by! Thanks for the great clock all those years ago, Mom and Dad!!!

So, after being sick, going on a little vacation to celebrate our eternal love and devotion, and living in conditions that were far less than healthy, we are finally settled again (well, mostly). Life is getting back to normal, and I am finally able to relax a little and get in touch with those I’ve neglected these past few weeks. I literally have a list of friends/family to call, so don’t worry, I’m getting to you!
I found these song lyrics as I was cleaning some things this past weekend. I love the lyrics and think we can all learn from them. It’s called BEAUTIFUL and it’s by and LDS singer named Cherie Call. Pay attention to the words as you are reading it. It really reminds you that true beauty is found within. It's from doing things like this...

This picture reminds us that what we see in magazines and on TV is doctored up and not reality. Let YOUR beauty shine through!!!!

Look at all the signs, look at all the shows
All the glamorous people who claim to know
What perfection is and what makes beauty stay
But when all the styles go out and the labels fade away
It’s what you give that makes you beautiful
It’s how you live that makes your dreams come try
Keep your faith in this world
And let the light of the Lord shine through
That’s what makes you beautiful
Nothing burns as bright, nothing shimmers so
As the smile of a friend when hope is running low
And how your hand feels warm when you dry a tear
Love is still in fashion at the end of every year
It’s what you give that makes you beautiful
It’s how you live that makes your dreams come try
Keep your faith in this world
And let the light of the Lord shine through
That’s what makes you beautiful
Even roses fade away in the snow
But the beauty in your hear can always grow
It’s what you give that makes you beautiful
It’s how you live that makes your dreams come try
Keep your faith in this world
And let the light of the Lord shine through
That’s what makes you beautiful



3 comments:
wow!! you've had a busy few weeks. looks like you had a great time in san fransico....great pics:) glad you found a nice apt to move into also. mold is scary!!
Sorry about the mold problem...yucky! I'm going to SF in June for the first time and I'm excited! Is that really the Full House house? Where is it? My sister would LOVE that while we're there. :)
great post Sheena. I loved all the pictures. It sounds like you and Jeff have been very, very busy. San Francisco looked fun. We had a good time while we were there too. You did lots more things than we did. We have been there twice and once was a day trip and the other time we spent the night but left the next morning.
Post a Comment