Monday, May 3, 2010

Jeff always gets up before me on the weekends (and on the weekdays, too!) to read his scriptures and do his homework. Saturday, I thought it sounded like he was making more noise than normal as I was waking up. I happened to look over at the bedroom door as Jeff was sneaking into our closet with his shoes to put them away. I was like, “What are you doing?” He got this adorable grin on his face and said, “Nothing.” Then it hits me. “YOU’RE CLEANING!!!” Yep, that’s what he was doing.


Jeff always helps me clean, cook, do laundry, everything! He is such a great husband. He WANTS to help, too. I never have to ask him. He actually gets upset when he has a lot of homework to do, and I insist that he does homework instead of helping me clean up dinner.

I celebrated my 28th birthday on Monday, April 26th! Again, I was in bed just waking up at 6:50am when I hear the front door closing. Next thing I know, Jeff comes in with the most beautiful purplish roses I’d ever seen! He had gone out to get them while I was still sleeping! He’s wonderful! Later that night, we ate at a Japanese restaurant and got frozen yogurt. I don’t like to make a big deal about my birthday, so it was great just spending time with Jeff. Jeff got me a kayak trip/tour in La Jolla for my birthday. We’re planning on taking a Saturday to enjoy the beauty of the ocean while on a kayak. Should be a blast!!!

I got a lot of awesome cards, gifts, and b-day wishes from friends and family! Thank you everyone! A special thank you to Marmee and Dad, Weedle and Joel, Shannon, Jamie, and Ashley and Levi!!!

Jeff and I moved into our apartment (as you know) and we were blessed to get new carpet. This rarely happens in apartment complexes. We want people to take off their shoes when they come in, and personally, I don’t think its rude asking them to. I think it’s respectful to take off shoes when going into someone’s house. Well, Weedle, Joel, Alia, and Will came for a short visit a few weeks ago (SO fun!). Jeff and I were telling Weedle about the whole shoe dilemma. Well, wouldn’t you know, for my birthday, she sent me a sign to hang on our front door. It says, “Kick off your shoes. This home is about barefoot living.” It’s adorable.! We’ve hung it on our wall right by our front door because we have to get the proper things to hang it on the door. I hope people see it and don’t mind following it.

It’s really hard being 3 hours behind most of my family and friends. Is it wrong that I have to schedule phone time with people sometimes? I’m usually able and ready to talk to people about 7 or 8 o’clock my time, but that means it’s already 10 or 11 o’clock eastern time. Too late for a phone chat. Does scheduling a time to chat make me seem like a snot? I hope not!!!

Logan is getting married! He’s only 20. Marissa just turned 18. I think they are too young, but it’s not my life. They are planning on getting married summer 2011.

I’ve been really into the Harry Potter books lately! I am on #4 – Goblet of Fire. I love them! I think I like them so much because I saw the movies first. Normally when I read the book first, I hate the movie. But, I saw the movies first in this case, and I love the books! I will have to wait to read the last book, though, until the final movies come out. It’s going to be hard!!!

Shannon comes for a visit this month! Hooray! I can’t wait. We are going to Disneyland one day and exploring San Diego the next day. A little over 2 weeks and she’ll be here!!!! I’ve missed that girl tremendously.

Alright, I think that’s all. It’s been a while since my last blog. I haven’t been in a blogging mood lately. But, Jeff is just about done with our awesome 1 year video, so I’ll post that or at least the link for it. I’m sure that will make up for my lack of blogging!

2 comments:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

Jeff is so sweet!
I LOVE the sign Weedle got you. I want one.
and I am glad Jeff liked the Japanese. I love hibatchi.

weedle11 said...

Well, isn't that sweet! What a good guy.