Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Shake, Rattle, and Roll

First things first....Correction on the birthdays. Joel's birthday is August 7th. Not July 7th. I don't know where my brain was when I typed that and when I texted him today with birthday greetings. Oops...Sorry Joel.

Now on to business. Today, I'm sitting at work minding my own business when I feel the building move slightly. I think it's the offices below me and the gals in them are doing something that caused this. (Dumb. I know.) Well, next thing I know, the building starts to REALLY move. The two floor lamps I have in my office start hitting the walls, and I begin to freak out a little bit. I thought, "Do I go to the doorway? Is it that bad that I need to?" Well, the earthquake was over before I could give it any more thought, and everyone at my work started meeting up outside of our offices to talk about it. That's when I noticed that I was literally shaking because it scared me so badly.

I haven't felt many of the earthquakes here lately. A couple of weeks ago, Jeff and I were sitting on the couch, and we felt it move slightly, but that's about it. This one was the whole building (office furniture included)moving and everything. It took me a while to stop shaking. What a crazy experience. I know earthquakes can be a lot worse and that this one really wasn't anything and that I probably freaked out for nothing, but woo-wee! I'd be ok never experiencing one again.

2 comments:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

I would be scared too. I googled it and there were 215 earthquakes last week around the world!!

Lissy said...

Hey! I didn't know you had a blog - so fun! We were at home and grabbed Lily and ran out front. That was one of the stronger ones I've felt! I wonder if your building is built to rock during earthquakes to keep it from falling apart - that might make it seem even shakier.