I hate headaches, and I loath migraines. I get both quite frequently.
My headaches/migraines occur when I:
-Don’t get enough sleep
-Am in need of a nap (despite how much sleep I’ve gotten the night before)
-Get overheated
-Go running in the sun or heat
-Get hiccups (this happens most times, but not all the time)
-Over exert myself working out
-Hold in tears
-My contacts get dirty and make my vision all funky
-Need to eat. (I don’t “feel” hungry when I’m hungry. I just get headaches and then I know it’s definitely time to eat.)
-Ride too many thrill rides (roller coasters, etc) in a row. (Learned this from our trip to Magic Mountain last year. I rode three rides and was DONE!)
People probably think of me as the girl who likes to sleep a lot, but I don’t mind. I love sleeping in until my body is ready to wake up on it’s own. The sound of the alarm clock is one of the worst sounds in the world.
I LOVE taking naps, and I’m not afraid to admit that I sometimes take 3-4 hour naps. Sleeping is one of my favorite things to do. This might sound crazy to some people, but if you got headaches as easily as I do, you’d understand. I even sleep in my car during my 30 minute lunch break on a lot of days.
But, all of this sleeping is for a good reason. I GET HEADACHES without enough sleep. So, leave me alone! :-p
My sleeping needs have done some good, though. I’ve gotten Jeff on a more regular sleeping schedule since we’ve been married. He used to stay up so late and then get up early for work when he was single. Then, he met me. We’re in bed by 10:30pm most nights! His body thanks him!
I could use a nap right now to help with this headache I feel coming on…..Thinking of bed and my comfy pillow and blanket…..*sigh*
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
A lot of these things are the same things that cause me to get a migraine. Hmmm... Like mother like daughter. Some of my worst migraines were when I had babies. Hense the lack of sleep. And now that I am older and wiser I too realize that I need at least siz hours of sleep for my head to not pound! I used to go on three or four hours. Man, was I stupid!!
I also need six hours of sleep along with the siz.....heesh!
Bummer about the headaches! I am lucky I don't get migraines like my mom, but when I do get a headache -it's bad and sleeping it off is the best solution :)
Post a Comment