Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Our Valentine's Celebrations...

Jeff and I decided last week that we didn't want to fight the crowds at the restaurants on Monday night for Valentine's Day. So, we celebrated Friday night. We started off with window shopping in La Jolla. We went to some pretty cool art galleries, our favorites being Thomas Mangelsen and Peter Lik. Look them up. Their work is amazing! After that, we headed to the Cheesecake Factory. YUM!

It's a good thing we celebrated early, because on Saturday night, Jeff got extremely sick with the flu. There was no vomiting, but he had a high fever, a bad cough, was extremely tired, and slept A LOT. He was sick all day Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. He didn't go to church, and he called in to work two days. He even went to the doctor! *gasp* I know. I know. He only goes to the doctor when absolutely necessary, so he must have been feeling pretty bad. The doctor told him it was the flu and to get lots of rest. He gave him some cough medicine, too.

I also wasn't feeling that great on Monday and left work early. I had a headache and was super tired (probably from being woken up all night every time Jeff got up). So, our Valentine's Day was spent watching movies, napping, and making cards for each other. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way, though. Our cards turned out really cute. I wanted to make a more masculine card so I used lots of green, but it turned out more like a St. Patrick's Day card! haha...maybe for St. Patty's Day, I can make Jeff a pink card.

We watched My Girlfriend's Boyfriend on Netflix on Monday. It was super cute and had zero language. Watch it! We also went to the movie on Saturday night (before Jeff was feeling sick) and watched Just Go For It. Now, I'm not a fan of Adam Sandler or Jennifer Aniston, but I really liked the movie. I laughed out loud a lot. It had some parts that weren't necessary (go figure with Adam Sandler), but overall, it was good.

Jeff's BFF, Mike, is getting married Friday. Our friend's Mikey and Apryl are having their wedding reception Saturday. Then, next month, two of my friends are getting married. Lots of weddings!

That's our life the past week. Hopefully, Jeff just keeps getting better. And, hopefully, I don't get it!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I think Peter Lik has some kind of show on the Weather Channel. I've heard his name mentioned on there before.

Your day sounds as exciting as ours! We spent it at home prepping for Steve's surgery the following morning at 6!

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

poor Jeff! When he gets sick, he gets really sick. I hope he feels better. What a fun way to spend a date, going to art galleries.