Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hit and Run...

So, we went to see the Aquabats on Friday night. The concert was super fun, and Jeff loved going in the mosh pit.

After the concert, we walked back to our car. We took my car because we went straight after work. (My car is the "work" car.) When we got to our car, we noticed a white sticker on the driver's side front window. It gave a license plate number and said, "White cadillic hit your car and ran. I see them." (It wasn't good English, but that's not the point.) So, we frantically start looking around my car for damages. We really didn't see anything until the headlights from a passing car shed some light on the car. Then, we noticed a lot of scratches on the passenger side in the rear. We called the police because I'm all about getting this white Cadillac in trouble for a hit and run. The cops show up a few minutes later, get the information, and we're on our way.

Well, as we're driving, we notice that the passenger's side mirror is hanging off a little. Great. So, the car must have swiped the side of the car, hit the mirror, and kept on going. I then called the police station back and reported the mirror.

I hope the white Cadillac gets in trouble. Is that mean? Luckily for us, it was ONLY scratches and the mirror can probably be pushed or hammered (or something) back on. The car is 11 years old, and I'm glad it wasn't damaged badly so it can last me many more years.

On a different note, here's a great quote I read today....
"Let's be supportive and kind to each other because we may be in a different season than our neighbor, our sister, our mother at our age, or whatever. We can't judge each other because we're in different seasons and situations. If we're not doing what others are doing right now, or if someone isn't doing what we're good at or doing, back off. Let's back off and not judge. Sometimes we harshly - even if we don't say it out loud - think, Surely she could be more organized, have less dust, read every lesson ahead of time, never be late to anything, dress her children better, have them behave better, and be in better physical condition! Oh, how we need to be understanding and kind." -Mary Ellen Edmunds-

2 comments:

weedle11 said...

They should have left a note with a phone number or something. Glad it isn't worse though.

Love the quote!

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

I love that quote too. And why do people think they don't have to own up to their mistakes? Honestly!