Thursday, February 17, 2011

What does this tell you?


I saw this in a magazine the other day:

$81.3 million is the average revenue for a G-rated movie.

$65.5 million for a PG or PG-13 movie.

$33.7 million for an R-rated movie.

$47.6 million is the difference in revenue at the box office, on average, between a G-rated movie and an R-rated movie.

45% of the movies made each year are rated R; 3.5% are rated G.

Get all that? Basically, rated G movies make up the smallest percentage of all movies made, yet they make the most money! $47.6 million more than rated R! I think Hollywood needs to wake up and realize that they should make more family friendly movies!

2 comments:

Lissy said...

I so agree! Hope Hollywood gets the message...but I think unfortunately too many of them enjoy all the trashiness and label it as some kind of 'higher art' in their twisted perspectives. At least the viewers are showing them the money :)

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

Hollywood will never wake up. They want us to slither down to their level. Those numbers say it all.