Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Random thoughts on a Tuesday evening...

Jeff and I started taking a dance class together. It's three classes in total, and our first one was last night. We had a blast! So far, we've learned the basic steps of the Waltz, Foxtrot, and Rumba.


Have you ever heard of The Pioneer Woman? She has an awesome blog, so look it up if you've never heard of her! Well, she also wrote a book about dating her husband. It's a great read, and I highly recommend it!

I'm in love with Natural Ice lip balm. I've been using it for years. The other day, I realized I was almost out of my stash, so I had to order more online. Thank goodness for the internet because they don't sell this stuff anywhere local that I've found. Do you think having one at my desk at work, in my purse, in the bathroom (so I can use it immediately after brushing my teeth), in my nightstand, and on Jeff's computer stand in the living room is a little obsessive? I think I'm addicted to the stuff.  hee hee...

I have the greatest husband in the world. Not only does Jeff take dance classes with me, but he also recently watched High School Musical 1 and 2 with me! I married the best!!!  And, I love those movies!

Jeff and I love smoothies. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!! We drink them a few times a week. Here's our favorite, and only, recipe that we make:

2 cups of 100% apple juice
1/2 - 1 banana
Enough frozen fruit to fill the blender up to the juice line - depending on how think you want your smoothie (We use a frozen fruit mixture from Costco with strawberries, mango, papaya, and pineapple...we also add blueberries)
A dash of vanilla extract
A squirt of honey
Mix, Blend, and ENJOY!  Mmmmmmm......

I love my short hair, as I've said before, but there's one downside to it....I have to get it cut SO FREQUENTLY!!! I am going tomorrow to get it cut because it's gotten so thick and has grown so quickly in just 2 short months. When I had long hair, I got it cut like once or twice a year! Ha! But, I think it's worth it considering it takes me 5 minutes total to do my hair from wet to styled. I'll take it!

Happy Tuesday everyone!!!

2 comments:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

I would LOVE to take dance classes!! That sounds so fun!!!

We are smoothie crazy too.

I will have to read that book.

Great post.

weedle11 said...

I love her blog and i look at it all of the time!

I have considered getting my hair cut but I am too afraid to actually do it.

I can't wait to see a video of you two doing your new dance moves! :0)