Saturday, July 23, 2011

If I ruled the (apartment) world...

If I were in charge of building apartments, I'd make different sections. Here's what they'd be:

1. For pet owners. They'd have their own grassy area to share with other pet owners. This area would be for their pets to take care of business, freeing up other grassy areas for us non-pet owners to enjoy. It would be nice to not have to worry about poop everywhere. Even though people are supposed to clean up after their pets, they never do. Imagine living in a complex where there are NO PETS in your section! You could actually enjoy the grass...maybe have a picnic or play some games. This separate section of the apt complex would also eliminate the annoying barking we hear because pets and their owners would be separated from everyone else.


2. For smokers. I'd let them smoke away in their section of the complex, keeping the air in my section free from nastiness. I enjoy fresh, clean air. Not air with pollutants.


3. For those with kids. Now, I like kids. Don't get me wrong. What I don't like is how loud they can be because their parents let them run around with no supervision. (Maybe this one is a little extreme...)


4. For those who like to swear. I don't like your profanity. Keep it to yourself!


So, what does this all mean? Get a house. I know. Too bad we can't afford one! It means that we'd be able to live in a pet free, smoke free, kid free, profanity free section of the complex. It would be amazing. Hey, a girl can dream.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheena, sweet friend, I feel your pain. I love pets and I love children. BUT, yes here it comes, mothers who stand at a door and scream at their children for whatever reason and are too lazy to have them come in or go to them to resolve the problem are just one of many examples of children/apt. living. Or apt. neighbors who believe that at 3:15 A.M. I should be enjoying their music at more decibles than I thought was imaginable. Why is it that when people clean their vehicles, they can not accomplish this task without again louder than ever imagined decibles. I did not realize vehicle cleaning means temporary deafness.
I currently live by young poeple who have taught me more bad words then I ever knew existed and I served in the military. I was embarrassed for my nieces who were visiting and normally do not hear language like that.
I wish I could afford a house and I am currently looking at a house to rent.
I too live in a renters world and if everyone had renters etiquette we would not be having this conversation.
I love you and miss you.

Lissy said...

Sadly even in a house neighbors can be too close. Smoke and foul language drift right over the fence. Wish we could all have a little plot in the country, or people would be more considerate of the others around them.

The Price's said...

we live in a house and have ALL these problems. our neighbors smoke all the time so i smell it all the time and they smoke while in our driveway around my girls......yuck!!! we have several neighbors that swear all the time (in front of my girls....NO) and we don't own pets and have dog poop all through our yard. it's real fun when you are mowing and step in poop or when lyla falls into poop. again, home ownership doesn't get you away from those issues unless you live on a huge farm away from neighbors. that's my dream :)