Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Weekend Happenings...

We've had a lot going on recently...some exciting and some not so exciting. Friday night, we had dinner at Fred's Mexican Cafe with two of my friends. Doug and Sarah were visiting from South Carolina, so we met up for a few hours. It was SO good to see them, and Jeff really liked them.


We've been thinking a lot about baby stuff and what things we'll want and/or need. We're trying to figure out where we should move since we live in a small, one-bedroom apartment right now. This is probably the most stressful part for me. Finding something we can afford is hard. We don't qualify for low-income, but any 2-bedroom apartments in descent areas are expensive! And, what about when the baby comes....will I continue working? Will I quit? Could we survive on just Jeff's income? SO many things are running through my brain. I think I've been crying for 2 days straight. I am an emotional wreck, and I'm not afraid to admit it. Having a baby really changes plans/lives! But, I know everything will work out. It has to, right? I don't know how many more tears I can shed!!! Thank goodness I have such an understanding husband. He just rubs my back and hands me tissues and reassures me that everything will be ok. He's so wonderful!

On a lighter note, my "big" ultrasound is on Monday, and we'll finally find out what we're having! I'll be exactly 20 weeks on Monday, and I'm starting to look pregnant. It's been a slow and steady thing. Maybe I'll post a picture.

We are flying home to Pennsylvania in April! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED! It has been over 2 years since I've been home, and who knows when the next time will be once the baby arrives! My mom said she is planning on throwing me a baby shower (awesome!), and I'll also be celebrating my 30th birthday while there(woot!)! I couldn't think of a better birthday present! I've already requested a few food items for my mom to make. Yum!

That's our update for now. Until next time....

2 comments:

Lissy said...

I shed a few tears today myself. It does have to work out - so hang in there! You will find a way. You and Jeff will be such great parents! So excited to find out the ultrasound news!

Unknown said...

Oh sweet Sheena you are just like every other soon to be mother! I am afaid to tell you that it happens with every kid but it does work out:) There is alot to think about and Jeff is doing just what he needs to do. Don't be afraid to write down senario A-Z. Literally, write down what would happen if: you stayed home, Jeff stayed home, he got a new job, you got a new place, you decided to live in a tree... write it all down and you will feel better. The stress will be on paper and you can breathe a little easier. Low income might be an option with a new baby. If not for housing, for WIC or health insurance for baby. Jesse and I lived on less than a shoestring budget when we had Frank and Ollie so if you need some guidance about local programs give me a call! Jeff has my number.