Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Semi-funny/embarrassing story...

We've officially moved into our new apartment!  We moved all of our big stuff on Saturday, thanks to Jeff's dad, his cousin, Sean, and good friend, Dave!  (THANK YOU for your help!!!!  We love and appreciate you!)   This means that we've only really been in our new place for 3 days!  Keep that in mind when you read this next part...

Yesterday, I walked to the mail box to mail something.  When I arrived back to our building, I decided to take the front stairs to our apartment.  I normally take the back stairs because we park closer to them, but since I hadn't been driving, I took the front stairs to switch things up (exciting, right?).  Our floor has 4 apartments on it.  If we take the back stairs, we have to walk past the other apartments/walk down a little "hallway" to get to our apartment.

Not thinking yesterday when I took the front stairs, I still walked down the hallway.  I go to what I think it our apartment to find the door is open.  I think, "That's weird!  I swear I locked it.  Did Jeff get off work early for some reason?"  I proceed to open the door and notice our apartment looks a lot different than when I left 10 minutes earlier!  Then it hit me!  I WAS IN THE WRONG APARTMENT!!!!!!  I quickly shut the door, but I still glanced at the apartment number outside to verify that I was, indeed, at the wrong apartment.  Yep, I was!

I hurried over to our apartment and started opening the door.  I heard the neighbor from the apartment I had just entered come out of his apartment.  I turn to him, apologized, and told him I normally take the back stairs but took the front stairs today and got confused.  I know I looked like an idiot.  He didn't say anything.  He just looked at me while I was apologizing and then turned around and went back inside.  I about died of embarrassment!!!!!

Note to self...If you take the front stairs, you don't have to walk down the hallway.  Your apartment will be right by the stairs.  It's only when you take the back stairs that you'll have to take those few extra steps to get to the right apartment.  Duh!

I'll be paying more attention from now on!  And, this also proves why Jeff and I always keep our doors locked, even when we're home. You never know what kind of crazy people (like me!) could enter if the door is unlocked!

3 comments:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

That will be a good one to tell when it comes to most embarassing moments.

Remember when I hopped in the wrong car with that man. LOL

weedle11 said...

Ha Ha Ha! Love it! Blame it on the pregnancy! You can do that ya know.

Anonymous said...

Ok Sheena confession time. I know exactly how you feel. Not the pregnancy part but the embarrassing part. I was serving in the temple and I went down the steps to the left verses the right. Not paying attention I turned in to the dressing room. The mens dressing room. Then I thought to myself, oh there must be a lady whose husband was needed for what ever reason. Still not realizing I was in the wrong dressing room. When I took that second step I realized it was me in the wrong room. I apologized and left so fast and hid in the bathroom until I thought it was safe to come out. Well of course, I went in the mens bathroom. Now I make sure I read the wall before entering.