Saturday, June 30, 2012

Dumb movies...

We recently watched a few movies that were a waste of our time.  Three movies in a row...how does that happen?

The first one was John Carter.  My cousin and my mom both said it was really good.  My cousin even went as far as saying it was better than Avatar.  (We were already a bit skeptical when we heard this. We LOVED Avatar!) Well, we struggled through the first half and then skipped through the rest of it.  No bueno!



The second movie had Bradley Cooper in it, so I thought it must be recent and must be pretty good.  It was called Reality of Love.  Well, once we got home, we realized it was a made-for-tv movie from 2004!!!  And, it had Jason Priestley in it!  HA!  It was cheesy, and Jeff hated it!  I've always liked those cheesy made-for-tv movies but not as something I want to watch with my husband all snuggled up on the couch.  Sorry Jeff!



The third movie was One for the Money.  Again, we struggled through the first little part and then skipped through the rest.  Lame, Lame, LAME!!!!  Maybe we should stay away from renting movies for a while.  Good thing we got some of the rentals for free!



2 comments:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

Sorry. I did like John Carter. it wasn't an Avatar but I did like it. And as you know, I am not one to sit and watch movies at home and they have to really catch my attention to go spend hard earned money at the Theater. Oh well, to each his own.

Elmer said...

I watched the Bradley Cooper movie back in the day when it was on TV (it was called "Who Wants to Marry Ryan Banks" back then). I loved it then...knowing it was just a cheesy tv movie. My sister got it from Red Box recently and told me about this really lame movie she watched and when she described it I knew exactly what she was talking about. So of course I had to watch it again too! It's much better going in with low expecations. haha And well, I love me some Bradley Cooper. He will always be Will Tippin to me. :)