We carved our pumpkins a few days ago. That's about as "Halloweeny" as we get. I don't like Halloween. I've never really been a huge fan. I think I stopped trick-or-treating in like 5th grade. I'm not into dressing Jackson up either. Maybe when he's older and decides for himself if he wants to be dressed up, then we can address the issue. But, for now, no costumes for him. Plus, why get a costume when he's not even old enough to go trick-or-treating? And, even if we did go, I would NOT let him have the candy. Even when he's older and wants to go, I will limit the candy. Oh yes, I will.
We don't eat a lot of sugar around here, and I'm not going to be giving in for Halloween either. I didn't even let him go crazy with his birthday cake. Jeff gave him one bite, and that was all I would allow. People get too addicted to sugar, and I'm helping Jackson not become like most of society. Think of me what you will, but that's how we roll in our house. I don't judge you, and you don't judge me. Ok?
We were really excited to show Jackson the insides of the pumpkin since Jeff and I love scraping it out so much. There's just something about that gooey inside that is fun to squeeze between my fingers. Weird? Maybe. But, I think it's fun. Jackson wasn't too into the carving process. He just kept looking at it and saying, "Ewwww". Here are some pictures of our adventure...
Thursday, October 31, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I don't think you are weird. I am definitely addicted to sugar. I wish I would have been more strict about it when you kids were little. I think it is smart.
Jackson is really inquisitive. I love his face, so interested and curious.
totally agree about the candy!!!!
Post a Comment