Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Utah Trip...Beware, picture overload!!!

Since our trip to Yosemite was cancelled due to the government shutdowns, we decided to go to Utah!  We left last Monday night when Jeff got off of work and drove to Vegas.  We got there about 11:30pm, so we only stopped to sleep.  Well, maybe I should say BARELY slept.  Jackson screamed his head off until I finally put him in bed with us.  (Something I NEVER do, but he was exhausted and scared of the new place.)  He moves around a lot and I'm a very light sleeper, so I didn't get much sleep.  Oh well.  Here's our HUGE hotel room at The Orleans...


The next morning, we got up and drove to Zion National Park.  Utah opened their parks despite the government shutdown.  Thank you, Utah!  Here are some pictures that don't even begin to capture the beauty of Zion...




 





 
We stayed outside of Zion on Tuesday night and drove the rest of the way the next morning to my sister's house.  We hung out that day with everyone and went to The Pie for dinner.  The pizza was HUGE!  We shared this with everyone, and there was still a ton left...

The next day, we walked around BYU for a little bit before hiking the Y mountain.  That hike is a lot steeper than I remember it being.  It was a great hike (and workout!) and the view was awesome!




That night, we met up with my good friend, Andrea, her husband, and their adorable little girl for dinner at Cafe Rio.  YUM!!!!!  We love that place!  And, it was so good seeing Andrea!  I haven't seen her since Jeff and I got married!

The next day was Weedle's birthday.  Here are some cute pictures I snapped of Alia, Will, and Audra before we sang Happy Birthday...  



The birthday girl with her cake...

 Later that day, we went to Salt Lake to visit Temple Square.  I love the reverence of that place!  It was SO cold that night... 





 After walking around for a bit, we met up at City Creek which is a beautiful mall right across from Temple Square.  We met up with my good friend, Katie, and her husband and cute little boy for dinner at Blue Lemon.  It was delicious.  I got a salad with spinach, pears, turkey bacon, grapes, and some other yummy stuff I can't remember.  SO good!  


Saturday, we spent some time with my aunt, Kara, her husband, and their sweet little guy. It was a great visit!  How cute is Wyatt!!!!!



After visiting for a few hours, we drove through the American Fork Canyon.  It was beautiful, but a lot of the leaves were already off of the trees.  I want to go back when all the leaves are on the trees and full of color.  I can only imagine how the drive would be then...  




Eating a snack in the car...

Our last stop in the canyon was Bridal Veil Falls.  It was so pretty there!

Jackson is OBSESSED with picking up rocks anytime we go outside.  Here he is finding the perfect rock at Bridal Veil...







Dinner that night was at Costa Vida.  We liked it, but Cafe Rio is still #1.  

Sunday, we went to church and hung out with the family.  I should have taken more pictures, but I didn't.  I didn't even get any of Weedle's two other kids.  Next time.

We left Utah on Monday morning and drove back to Vegas.  We walked around for a while, realized Vegas is LAME, especially with kids, and decided we didn't want to stay the night after all. We were SO ready to get home, especially since Jackson got sick Saturday night (runny nose, horrible cough, and getting a few molars all at the same time), so sleeping was pretty miserable for all of us.  We were ready to be in our own bed with Jackson in his separate room so we could get some sleep.  We couldn't cancel our hotel reservation, so we went up, freshened up, and relaxed for about 30 minutes before heading the rest of the way home.  We stopped at Earl of Sandwich for dinner.  So good!  
Here's Jackson enjoying the king size bed at our hotel, Rio...


Overall, we had a fantastic time!  It was great being in Utah, seeing family and friends, and staying with my sister and her family.  Utah is so beautiful!  Now, we're back home, Jackson is still sick (but slowly getting better), and I'm feeling sick myself.  At least I wasn't sick on vacation, though.  It's good to be home and back to a routine, but we sure did have a lot of fun!!!  And, for those of you we didn't see, we'll catch you next time!

3 comments:

Elmer said...

What? You were on BYU campus and didn't stop by my office? I see how it is. ;) Looks like you had a great trip! And I agree...Utah is beautiful, Cafe Rio is YUM, and Vegas is lame!

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

Jackson looks like he is zoning out in that one picture in the back pack. Looks like you had a great time. Looks fun! Hiking the "Y" is exhausting!

Kara said...

Glad you had a good time and I hope Wyatt didn't get Jackson sick! We bought those crackers at Costco and Wyatt won't eat them He says "They are wucky." He ate how many when you were here!!! Hope to see you guys again sooner than later.