Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Happy Fall!!!

 This past month has been a busy one! Here's the photo recap of what we've been up to...

Collin decided he was going to try to learn to smile.  It's a work in progress.  LOL! 

Why do kids insist on sitting and standing on these balls at Target? Every. Single. Time.

Collin got a new car, and it's a hit!!!  Jackson couldn't wait for Daddin to get home and put it together, so he played with what he could until it was assembled.




These boys fight and yell at each other ALL THE TIME!  But, then, they have a sweet moment like this and I think, "They really DO like each other!"

Play Doh time is always a favorite around here.  

Jackson and I made slime from glue, Borax, and water.  Super easy and super fun!

Passing time until story time begins at the library.
 

 

 We spent a few hours at Chuck E. Cheese.



I loved that Collin actually smiled for this picture, and I had to share.

One of my BFFs came to visit.  They boys loved her!!!  I didn't get any pictures of the two of us, though.  :(  She was headed back to work on the Disney Cruise Line and was able to spend a few hours with us before heading to San Diego to get on the ship.

 We LOVE playing in the leaves!  I'm so happy it's almost Fall!!!!  I'm ready for some cooler weather.  It rained today...the first time since the middle of May, and it has been awesome!!! 

  During cooler parts of the day, we like to walk to the park.  Collin insists on walking these days, and that's fine by me!  I'm ready to be done with strollers!!!

Taking a break on our walk to take some cute pictures.

 

 

 

How cute is this little suit...and the little guy wearing it?!?!





Sadly, I don't have any friends my age where we live.  But, I've made some older friends at the gym we go to. These older ladies LOVE Jackson and Collin and bring them dollar bills for ice cream and little presents all the time.  

We celebrated Mary's birthday. I came straight from a massage so I'm not looking my best and was SUPER oily.  Eek!  But, I had to show my love and support!  This is the card Jackson made for Mary.

We spent some time at the beach, even though it was cloudy.
 

 Jackson got a new jacket from Costco.  He is definitely a huge super hero fan!


More cute park pictures....

 



Sometimes, Jackson asks me to make him things or draw him things.  I have 0% artistic talent.  On this day, his request was a Mr. Spatula (like on Blue's Clues).  I did my best.  He seems pretty happy with the results.

One of my other BFFs and her cute family came to visit.  Jackson and Garrett are 3 months apart, and Collin and Evelyn are like 3 months apart, too.  Too bad we don't live closer to each other!  It was so great seeing them!!!



This cute 4 year old started preschool and was SO excited about it!

Miss Diane is his teacher for the three days a week that he goes.  His classroom is adorable.
  
He had a great first day and loved every minute of it! 
 


We didn't think we'd get to see Katie and Paul again, but after preschool one day, we were able to meet up with them at the zoo.
 
 

 


 

Here's the whole gang...

More preschool pics.  Jackson loves the crafts they do every day!


Some Daddin time at the park while Mama had a doctor's appointment.



 We spent some time at the Safari Park.





And then we went to the mall to see the puppies.  This little guy was VERY tempting.  My boys would LOVE a puppy, but they poop and pee and shed and smell.  Maybe someday, but for now, I can't handle a puppy.  Maybe a dog that's a few years old and housebroken?  And doesn't shed?  Or smell?  Or chew on things? :)



We had to stop at Bath & Body Works.  Some day, when we have extra cash floating around, I'm going to have smelly soap and candles from this place in every room of my house.  *sigh*

Jeff celebrated his 33rd birthday on Saturday.  Hopefully, he had a good day.  I'm not much for picking out presents or planning fun things.
 

Jackson picked out a few fun things at the dollar store for Jeff for his birthday.  A balloon making set was one of the things.  The boys loved it, and I think Jeff secretly did, too.  :)



Later in the day, we went to the park with family for a family birthday celebration.  Jackson loves playing with his cousin, Max.

Sunday morning, I woke up to Collin feeling sick.  Monday morning, these lovely bumps appeared.  I took him to the doctor and he has hand, foot, and mouth disease as well as impetigo (on his nose/mouth).  ARG!  He seems to catch every little thing, and I KNOW it comes from the day care at the gym.  One measly, little hour a day causes him to catch something like this.  :(  We'll be staying home for the next week while it gets better.  And, I've been a sanitizing machine trying to prevent the rest of us from getting anything.



Dirty face, but it's the best I could do to show his nose/mouth.

I'm too lazy to change the direction of this picture Jackson made in preschool today, but it sums up how I feel...Happy Fall everyone!!!

3 comments:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

I love all the pictures. I know I say that every time, but I really do. Poor Collin and his impetigo and hand foot and mouth. I also love how your boys never get tired of going to the zoo.

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

Oh and one more thing. Puppies are so adorable and A LOT OF WORK!! They also kind of tie you down. I should know, I have three. But that puppy was SO CUTE!!

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

Last comment, I promise. I am so glad you got to see Shannon and Katie. They both look great!


That's All.