Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'm Engaged!!!


Yep! It's true. Sheena Marie Dively is getting married. I never thought the day would come. I was always the first one to say that I would NEVER get married. I've been through plenty of guy hating stages in my life, and I planned on a life of independence and singleness.



Well, this all changed once I met Jeffrey David Burns. He popped the question on Friday, December 5th. We decided to have a night picnic on the beach to celebrate being in the warm San Diego weather after our cold visit to Pennsylvania. :-)


We went to Albertson's to get lunch meat, cheese, and french bread (the fresh kind they bake multiple times a day), and we headed to the beach. We decided to eat at one of the picnic tables by the light instead of on our blanket on the sand so we could see what we were making to eat. As Jeff was ripping the bread apart, I saw this black treasure box looking thing. I thought Albertson's accidently dropped something in the dough and baked it in the bread.



Next thing I know, though, Jeff's opening this box and showing me a ring. I'm pretty sure my mouth hit the floor and that I made about fifty different faces from surprised to happy to shocked and everything in between!!! I even said, "Are you serious?" Jeff's response was, "Yes, I'm asking you to marry me." I also found out that Jeff had gone to Albertson's earlier and purchased a loaf of bread to hide the ring in. So the loaf he broke apart wasn't the loaf we bought together. It was the loaf he had gotten earlier. Pretty sneaky!!!



Of course I said yes and then called my parents right away. I love being engaged. We have set the wedding date for March 21st in the San Diego Temple. I'm excited to get sealed for eternity and to spend the rest of forever with Jeff. I love him so much and I am so happy he found me!!! I honestly never thought it would happen after all the heartache I've experienced because of boys. But, Jeff is amazing and I seriously won the lottery with him!!!



Planning a wedding is a lot of work, especially since my family is in PA. But, getting married here in San Diego is the right thing to do. It will be special because Jeff and I will be attending the San Diego Temple together after we are married. We are making our lives here. Everything about getting married here is right. I'm excited for my family to come out here for the wedding. I'm excited for my friends to come out, too. I hope they do!



I will try my best to blog as often as I can to update everyone on the wedding planning process. I do know that we are getting married March 21, 2009 at 11:00am. Jeff and I are going on a 7 day cruise to Mexico for our Honeymoon and then having an Open House in PA in April. We are thinking April 11th.




I hope this satisfies everyone for now. :-) Sorry I'm such a bad blogger!!!!

6 comments:

Sondra said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU SHEENA! And I can't wait to get more details :D

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

Now that I have dried my eyes from the tears.... Sheena, we knew he was the one the second we met him. The whole family felt the same way. He is amazing and so down to earth. We could not be happier with your choice in an eternal companion. It is a relief for Dad and I to know you will be well taken care of and loved unconditionally forever. Trust in the Lord and He will guide you.

Karey said...

I'm so happy for you, Sheena! You and Jeff are so cute together! Can't wait to meet him someday! Are you coming home for Christmas? I didn't think we were, but we found really cheap tickets to fly home - the catch is they're ON CHRISTMAS DAY - but it will be fun anyway! So I'll be in PA for a few days after Christmas. Maybe I'll get to see you.
Congrats again!

Adam said...

HORAY!

Steven Adami said...

Congrats!

Kara said...

Yay! I'm so excited - we may be able to come to the wedding! All the family loves him and can't stop talking about him. He really sounds like a terrific guy! Congratulations!!