Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Bathtime and Fruit Salad

Jackson HATES bath time!  Ever since day one, he's screamed every time we've given him a bath.  Well, as with everything else involving a baby, we've finally learned what keeps him happy during his bath...We have to continually pour warm water over his little body.  I guess he was just getting too cold before.  Here's an adorable picture after his bath time on Saturday.  I just can't get enough of him!   



He's also starting to LOVE toys.  He's gotten a lot more interactive.  With some toys that I hold up in front of him, he kicks his little legs and moves his little arms like crazy.  It's so much fun!  

While we're on the topic of our little guy, let me tell you a story from when my mom and aunt were here.  It's definitely blog-worthy!  Here's the story as I remember it:

So, every day that they were here, we would go, go, go!  Add to that the fact that I was new to the whole not-getting-any-sleep thing.  One night at around 9:00pm, I said, "I'm going to bed!  I'm EXHAUSTED!!!"  My mom and aunt asked if they could take care of Jackson that night so I could get some sleep.  Yes, please!  So, off to bed I went, leaving the care of my less than 2 week old baby to them.  But, hey, they are both experienced mothers, so they would know what to do, right?

That night, at around 2:00am, Jackson woke up because he was hungry.  My mom and aunt knew I had frozen breast milk in the freezer, so they set out to prepare a bottle and feed Little J.  My aunt had seen me get milk out of these little baby ice cube trays and told my mom about it, but my mom insisted that the bag she had gotten out contained cubes of milk.  When she opened it, though, she said, "Hmmm...well, this smells like pineapple, though.  I mean, Sheena DOES eat a lot of pineapple."  She had my aunt smell it as well, and then, after much debate, they declared it really WAS pineapple.  


So, they reached for the next bag, this one containing a darker looking item which they swore had to be the milk/colostrum I had frozen.  They put the "milk" in a bottle and started melting it in hot water.  After what seemed like forever, they noticed the "milk" still wasn't melting.  All the shaking and defrosting in the world wasn't melting it.  Then, my mom opens the bottle, smells it, inspects it further, and declared, "Oh my gosh!  This is MANGO!"  HA HA HA!!!!!  They were trying to feed my baby a fruit salad!  They then decided that the baby ice cube trays really were the milk and what they should use for a bottle.  So, they made one up, fed the little man, and life was good!


They debated on whether or not to tell Jeff and me because they thought we'd never let them take care of Jackson again, but we thought it was hysterical!  Nobody is quite with it at 2am when it comes time to feed a baby.  And, I needed the sleep...desperately!  I got 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep that night.  It was fantastic!!!

1 comment:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

Oh my GOSH!!! That bathtime picture is ADORABLE!!! Jackson looks like he is so much older than he really is. He is SO CUTE!!! And hey, I think he wants a Jacuzzi! I have to laugh everytime I think of me and Darla doing the middle of the night feeding. That was hysterical. Keep these updates coming!!!!!