Thursday, April 11, 2013

I hate snakes!


Last week, Jackson and I were walking back from the store, on the sidewalk that we always walk on.  I noticed Jackson was hitting the canopy of his stroller, so I slowed my pace and bent down to check on him.  When I stood back up, I happened to look down at the sidewalk to my right.  Right there, RIGHT BESIDE the stroller on the sidewalk, was a huge, tan snake all coiled up!  I ran as fast as I could to get away from it.  When I knew I was far enough away, I looked back at it.  It was slithering across the sidewalk.  It was probably 4 feet or more.  EEK!  

Surprisingly, I don't think I screamed.  I think I screamed inside but didn't let myself vocalize it in fear of scaring the snake.  (But, I sure did say a prayer of gratitude that the snake didn't attack us!!!)  I don't know if it was a rattle snake or what, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was because they are everywhere around here.  I don't think my heart has ever beat so fast in my life. I was so scared...not only for me but especially for Jackson!  What if it would have bitten him?!?!? 

Now, of course, I'm afraid to take walks.  I know I need to overcome it, but I still think about how I felt when I saw it.  Scariest feeling ever!  I hate snakes!!!


1 comment:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

I would have peed my pants. Just sayin'

"Shiver" I hate snakes!