Despite my lousy attitude lately, I truly do feel blessed! We've had a great past few weeks. I haven't blogged much, but here's the update on what's been going on.
A few days before Christmas, Jackson got sick with a mild case of the flu. He also developed a weird rash, but it turned out to not be much of anything...that goodness!!! Thankfully, he was feeling well on Christmas Day to open his gifts!
Since he's obsessed with The Lion King, we got him some little toys to play with. He opened them Christmas Eve morning. I couldn't wait any longer than that. Ha ha! He loves them!
We had Christmas Eve with Jeff's family, and Jackson got some great gifts. He loves playing with them!
Christmas morning, we opened gifts from each other and from Nina and Papa. We are so blessed to have such wonderful family in our lives. Jackson was very spoiled this year! Thank you to everyone who sent him (and us) something. We thank you!!!!
We got some Cheesecake Factory gift cards (YUM!), so we went right after Christmas to use them up. Jackson had fun playing peek-a-boo with his "daddin". In the second picture, he's saying, "Where'd Daddin' go?" (I love how he holds his little hands when he says it!) We love this kid!
We spent a day at Knott/s Berry Farm with some friends from church. It was free and tons of fun! Jackson loved the little train ride, despite his face! He's just not one for showing emotion, I guess!
Jeff and Mike rode all the scary rides while the wives and kids watched.
My parents took Jackson and me on a MUCH NEEDED vacation to Disney World. We spent four fun-filled days in the parks. It was a great vacation. Thank you SO much Mom and Dad!!!!!
Here we are at the airport. Our flight was delayed in Atlanta for 3 hours! Nothing like entertaining an 18 month old for 3 hours in an airport! That was fun! But, we finally made it to Florida and the fun began...
Papa and Jackson the next morning at breakfast. Jackson loved the Mickey waffles!
Our first day was at Magic Kingdom, and it was FREEZING!!!!! My brother and cousin wore shorts...I guess they were trying to be tough or something. I think they regretted it later!
Jackson actually held Dylan's hand...for a few seconds. He was a little scared of Dylan and Dakota. It took him a while to warm up to Papa, too.
Buzz Lightyear. What's a ride without making goofy faces for the pictures? Plenty more of that ahead...
My awesome parents...aka Nina and Papa. I love them and miss them so much. Four days with them was not enough!!!
All bundled up with 2 jackets, gloves, 2 pair of pants, and 2 blankets. Yes, it was THAT cold!!!
The castle all lit up for Christmas. The Christmas celebrations didn't stop until January 5th, so we got to see them. It was so beautiful!
Day 2 was Animal Kingdom and Epcot. Jackson was excited to be on the safari and see all the animals!
Looking at all the fish...
After all the walking the first day, Papa's back was shot. This is how he rolled the second day.
He was SO into The Lion King show. Again, no emotion, but he really did LOVE it!!!
Nina and Papa bought him Timon and Pumbaa (his favorite), and he held them all day. He even fell asleep holding them. How adorable is this?!?!?
Dinosaur. I'd say we had fun! LOL!
My dad and Dylan were making bets as to who could win this game (they are both really good at it). Turns out, Dakota beat them both and came home with the prize!
Checking out the waterfall before heading to Rainforest Cafe for dinner.
Epcot! I love this park. We only spent a few hours here, and it wasn't enough. But, it was still fun!
Test Track!!!
Saying goodnight and goodbye to Papa. He was only able to stay 2 days because of work. We wish he could have stayed longer! We love you, Papa!!!
They didn't plan any of this. Promise! As soon as I saw them, I had to take a picture!!!
Day 3 was the Disney Hollywood Studios. Jackson fell asleep eating a soft pretzel.
And, he made a new friend from Austraila. They were adorable together!
The lights will never cease to amaze me!!!
Day 4 was Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. We had to take a bus from our hotel and then a taxi from Downtown Disney. Good thing Jackson loved all of the buses.
The taxi had a car seat! How convenient!!!
Butter beer and Harry Potter. They are building a new Harry Potter section at Universal Studios!!!! We are all excited for that!!!
The only ride Jackson could ride...and he hated it. Ha ha!!!
Bubba Gumps. Jackson ate so much this night. He shared Nina's soup, and ate all of his hamburger, mashed potatoes, and jello. That kid can E-A-T!!!
That night, we had Dakota taste the nasty jelly beans from Harry Potter. He spit out quite a few! It was hysterical! I can't bring myself to taste them. I mean, who wants to taste vomit flavored jelly beans. No thank you!!!
After the extremely long 6 hour flight home, Jackson was exhausted and fell asleep waiting for our luggage.
The next few weeks were spent adjusting back to real life. Jackson loves his new toys from vacation. He couldn't even put them down to push his lawn mower.
Normal life consists of Jackson eating up to 3 bowls of Cheerios and raisins each morning and drinking his milk out of his bowl...
Eating his Greek yogurt and getting it all over his face...
And playing with Daddin...
We got rid of Jackson's binky while in Florida, and it's been a little rough ever since we've been home. He was fine on vacation, but I think it was because he was so exhausted. He screams every day for nap time and for bedtime. I hate hearing him scream, but he's going to have to learn to go to sleep on his own. He has also been teething, so that may have to do with his fussiness. Maybe it's not all his binky that's causing the problem. Maybe it has nothing to do with his binky. I don't know. I've also been reading about sleep regression in 18 month olds, so that may have something to do with it as well. Who knows!?!?! I just hope he gets over it SOON!!!!
Jackson also had his 18 month old well-baby when we got back. Here are his stats:
Height: 35.9 inches (Still off the charts)
Weight: 30 lb 12.8 oz
I hope you all have been enjoying your 2014! I'll try to be more consistent about blogging now that I'm back and adjusted to life again. :)





















































1 comment:
This post was AWESOME!! We did have such a great time in Disney, always do! Loved all the pictures!
Post a Comment