Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Another catch up post...another picture overload!

Until things settle down with moving into our house, I have to settle with doing these catch up posts.  Once we get a bit more organized and settled, I'll be able to post more frequently.  

We love having a park right down the street!!!  Jackson calls it the EAC because he's so obsessed with Finding Nemo right now.  Remember the part with Crush and the East Australian Current (EAC)???  He pretends the toys at the playground are part of the EAC.  
Here we are on our way to the park.  It's always chilly in the morning but then gets super hot a few hours later, so the long sleeves didn't last very long.  

He was feeling brave, apparently, because he climbed up in the bushes with another little boy.  He needed help getting down, though.  


Building some block houses for his toys.

Writing with sidewalk chalk on our driveway.  I am so not artistically talented.

This one is a little blurry but cute.  Shopping at Walmart the other day.  He's been a trooper with all of the shopping we've had to do.

I don't know what his deal is, but he insists on wearing wearing my red workout underwear whenever I work out.  He gets them out of my drawer, puts them on, and wears them while I work out.  Then, he takes them off and goes about his day.  

We FINALLY got a desk, but until we did, our computer was at our kitchen table.  Jackson loves watching Finding Nemo: The Musical from Disney World, and here he is at the computer watching it with his little cutouts of the characters that Nina sent him.  

We decided to get new carpet...something we should have gotten BEFORE we moved in.  I had wanted new carpet, but everyone said we should try just cleaning it first since it wasn't in that bad of shape.  So, that's what we did.  But, the day we moved in, and each day thereafter, our house smelled like dog SO bad!!!  And, there was dog hair everywhere...by the baseboards and everywhere else because it was coming up from the carpet.  That was enough for me.  So, we got new carpet (there was drama involved, of course).  Here's what my bathrooms looked like during the installation because we had to clean out the closets.  

I won't go into the drama we experienced with our carpet right now, but let me say this...NEVER use Empire Today for your carpet needs!  NEVER EVER use them!!!!


We enjoy being outside.  Here's Jackson (and my foot) having some milk while the carpet was being installed.

Jackson played with his water toy the day we got our carpet, and I couldn't access his dry clothes.  He ran around in his diaper until his clothes dried.  We had fun playing games while we waited.


We enjoyed playing some basketball, too!


Here's my 34 week belly picture.  I don't post pregnancy pics very often, but some people have been requesting one.  Here you go...

At the park again. We go there a lot. Jeff took Jackson this day.  Jeff's a lot more fun because he runs around and plays with him.  I just stand there in all of my pregnant glory.  Ha!


Watching General Conference on Sunday morning.  This only lasted about 10 minutes and then he got up and started running around and playing.  

Jeff's sister got married this past weekend.  Here are our pictures from the photo booth. They are a little blurry because we took pictures of the pictures.




Jackson is afraid of the swings, but today, he was having so much fun.  Well, after a couple of pushes, I must have pushed too high because he started crying so hard.  He was so scared and wanted out!  Poor kid.  I hope he warms up to the swings soon.  I always LOVED swings as a kid!







That's the update for now.  Until next time... 
And, I promise that once we hang our pictures and put up our decorations, I'll take house pictures.  We were ready to hang them but then had to practically move in all over again with the new carpet getting put in.  So, be patient.  :)

1 comment:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

It sounds like you guys already love living in your new house. I can't wait to see more pictures. Jackson is cracking up on the swing, I love that. You are the cutest little pregnant mommy!