November 11th arrived, and it was time to have a baby! We left for the hospital, leaving Jackson in good hands. He didn't even flinch when we said goodbye. He waved and was happy to be staying with Nina and Papa.
Here we are waiting as I get all prepped for the c-section. Having a set time to deliver a baby is the way to go. No contractions, no wondering what day he'll want to come out. I wouldn't do it any other way!
Jeff was pretty excited to meet Collin.
I was wheeled into the operating room a little before 1:00pm, and at 1:14pm, Collin made his entrance into the world. Jeff was able to cut the umbilical cord.
He only weighed 7 pounds and was 20 inches long. He had a little trouble with his lungs and breathing at first, and they had to put a tube down his throat to help him out. They also made a comment about me possibly only being 37 weeks along instead of 40. They said to Jeff, "Were you sure about the due date?" Considering I knew when my last period was, and my doctor was the one who kept track of my progress, I think HE/THEY would have known what my correct due date should have been. That got us a little worried (that and the whole lung thing), but we were soon reassured that everything was ok.
This was one of the first pictures Jeff showed me of Collin as I was lying on the operating table. I thought, "Oh my, what's with his lip?!?!" Some mother I am. Ha ha! Just for the record, he has a totally normal lip. I think Jeff just caught him making a weird face here or something.
Collin cried A LOT after coming out into the real world. I didn't think he would stop. He'd cry and cry and cry and then just stop...and then cry and cry and cry some more.
I was so emotional all day. Leaving Jackson, thinking about how stressful having two kids would be, and many other things contributed to my emotions. Then, of course, when I heard him cry for the first time, I cried even more. Once I start crying, I can't stop. It was driving me crazy!
Here I am meeting Collin for the first time.
Here I am meeting Collin for the first time.
He finally calmed down.
We had lots of family waiting to meet the newest addition to our family, but the first visit was from the new big brother, Jackson. He was so excited and happy to meet his little brother and was so good with him from the very start!
Jackson, getting in some Mommy time, too.
Collin, getting in some quality time with Daddin.
So many hugs.
Grandma Burns
Aunt Shauna
Aunt Autumn with Nina and Jackson
Grandpa Burns
Papa
Nina


























1 comment:
I would not have missed this for the world,(Disney World)!! As a matter of fact, I was scheduled to go to Disney World and help chaperone the chorus. I canceled this for the birth of our 10th grand child. Of course I did! What a blessing that has been added to our family! So much love.
Post a Comment