Collin will be here in one week. Hooray to smaller waistlines! I. Can't. Wait!!!!! I loathe being pregnant! I don't understand how some women say they love it. Aching back, sore knees, shortness of breath, limited clothing to wear, gaining weight, having to get back in shape afterwards...there's nothing about any of those things that appeals to me. So, I'm definitely ready to NOT be pregnant.
On the other hand, I'm not ready to have a second child. I won't go into details, but let's just say that I'm not crazy about this whole being a mom thing. I love Jackson like crazy, but staying home every day, being depressed and bored out of my mind is not something I enjoy.
Go ahead and judge me. It's ok.
Anywho....We carved our pumpkins right before Halloween. We bought one of those pumpkin carving kits you see everywhere, but I thought the little cutting devices that came with them were super annoying to use. Maybe it's because I was trying to carve a small pumpkin that really wasn't meant for carving. :)
We started off carving outside, but it was SO hot!!!! We ended up finishing up inside.
Jeff's ghost definitely looks cooler than my pumpkin witch or whatever it is. My pumpkin wasn't big enough, so I had to use the stem as the top part of the hat. Doesn't look so cool when the lights are off and the candle is lit.
Here's Jackson's pumpkin. He colored on it a bit, but that's about it.
Jackson still fights naps...every single day! Jeff can get him to stay in bed and sleep, but he just laughs at me and fights it. Thankfully, every once in a great while, he'll fall asleep!
But, not before he does something like this...
We made homemade popsicles the other day. Jackson thought it was the best thing ever.
Jackson's received some cards in the mail the past couple of weeks, and he's been loving it. You can see the excitement here.
We like to color. Jackson favors his left hand. I wonder if he'll end up being left-handed???
Jeff's picture...with some help from Jackson.
Jackson's picture.
Jackson got some new church shoes and was really excited to wear them on Sunday.
We have a box of random things in our closet, and for the past two days, Jackson has been playing with everything so contently for hours. I think he likes having stairs.
Our new nightly routine when Jeff is working nights consists of watching a couple of short movie clips before bedtime. It's our way of of winding down. Last night, we watched Frosty the Snowman. It brought back a lot of memories from when I was a kid!
Hope you've all had a great week! Hopefully I'll get one more post in before having this baby! If not, expect lots of pictures once he's born! :)















1 comment:
You sound like a nine months pregnant woman. he last week or two is so slow and uncomfortable. When you have two, you won't be as bored. I will give you a break when I get there. You and Mr. Burns plan on a night out.
Post a Comment