Monday, February 16, 2015

A bit of a catch up....

A few weeks ago, Jackson had his first dentist appointment.  He did great overall, but he wasn't crazy about some parts of the appointment.  They tried to take X-rays, and he let them take the front ones, but when it came time to bite down on that thing on the sides of his mouth, he wanted nothing to do with it.  I don't blame him, though.  I mean, he's 2 1/2.  Did they really expect him to sit perfectly still so they could take them?  And, those X-rays hurt.  I can't imagine being 2 1/2 and having it done. 



I thought the X-rays were cool.  You can see his adult teeth!  Crazy, huh?  
I've never seen X-rays from a child before, so to see this was pretty cool.

Collin was a champ during the exam.  I love his smile!!!

 While my family back in PA is experiencing temperatures below zero, 
we're enjoying shorts and t-shirts here!  

Jackson got a box of cute clothes from his cousin, Will, and this sweater was one of the items.  He was so excited to wear it to church, and he looked so cute.  I had to take a picture!  
He's all model-like in this first one.  


This little guy just never stops smiling.


Duffy now has to wear clothes and pajamas every day.  Jackson gets a little frustrated when things won't fit over Duffy's feet, and he doesn't quite understand why they don't.

 Our Sea World passes end next month, so we had to go again.  
Jeff loves letting these fish "bite" at his hands.   


The dolphins loved Jackson.  They kept coming over and playing.



Collin can now face out in his carrier since he's able to hold his head up.  
He was loving all the stuff to look at.

I forgot Collin's hat, so we had to improvise with the little head cover from the carrier.


Required photo!

Playing around in the Sesame Street/kids section.


Eating "sand tacos"...

Playing with play-doh one morning.  Jackson wanted to play with the poop maker that my sister got Jeff for Christmas.  We had to make four of them, all in different colors.  Jackson said they were Daddin', Mama, Jackson, and Collin.  He said, "We are friends forever!"

 Waiting for Daddin' to come home...

We went on a date for Valentine's Day.  We went to the Cheesecake Factory, but when they said a 2 hour wait, we left.  Then, we tried BJ's.  The wait was only 30 minutes, but nothing on the menu looked good to me.  So, we left and went to Chipotle and Panera Bread!  Ha!  Super romantic, huh?  We had a good time, even though we were only gone for 1 1/2 hours. We couldn't think of anything else to do, so we picked up the boys after dinner. 



This was on our walk on Sunday.  Jackson insisted on wearing his backpack.

Today, both boys are sick.  I've wiped so many runny noses!!!  Collin choked on his mucus and threw up everywhere, and Jackson has just been lying around watching movies.  He's barely eaten anything.  You know he's sick when he falls asleep watching Finding Nemo.  He never just falls asleep!  (Duffy had his own pillow and blanket, too!)


1 comment:

weedle11 said...

We went to Chuck E. Cheese's for our Valentines day! Way more romantic than yours! LOL. yes, the kids were with us. ;) I love taking my kids to the dentist and they can't wait to go. It a good thing to start early in my opinion. as long as they get a few x rays here and there when his mouth grows it gets easier. Audra has such a tiny mouth she still cant get the huge bit thingy in the back of her mouth.
I'm glad Jackson like the clothes we sent him! He is too adorable! Collin is getting SO big! I love his smile!