This past Friday, I had surgery #2 for my umbilical hernia. The first time around, the permanent stitches were causing me extreme pain and sticking out like fangs. It wasn't pretty. My doctor's excuse was that he's never done a hernia operation on someone who isn't obese. Really? ALL of his patients have been obese? I find that hard to believe. Anyways, the only way to fix the problem was to go back in and do an "exploratory surgery". (His words, not mine. Reassuring, right?)
Well, the surgery was on Friday. Here I am pre-surgery looking superb in my hairnet and gown...
Here's the post op picture.
Jeff was laughing at me because I was talking slow and kind of slurring my words. I was a lot more groggy this time around. The nurse said they probably gave me a different dosage or something. They also gave me some kind of pills before surgery, so that might have been why, too. I probably should have asked what the pills were, but I didn't. I just took them. Ha!
When they wheeled me into the OR and got me all ready for my surgery, the nurse said to think of somewhere else I'd rather be. I started praying I'd survive the surgery. Literally survive, as in not die while they had me open on the table. I guess all that Grey's Anatomy we recently watched really got to me. :) When I was all done with surgery and was becoming more alert, I started crying. The nurse asked if I was in pain. No. Just emotional? Yes.
I remember saying, "I'm just happy to be alive!"
I am supposed to take it easy for about a week and not lift anything over 15 pounds. Collin is 20, and Jeff has to work. So, my life is pretty much the same despite surgery. I'm just praying I don't do any damage because I'm just going about my life as normal. I mean, I don't really have any other choice.
Yesterday, Collin was super sick. He just wanted me to hold him all day. He didn't care for much food and was only awake for 5 hours all day yesterday.
As the night went on, he was slowly starting to feel better and even wanted a little bit of food. I think it's his teeth. Number 4 is coming in now, and he's had a really hard time with the other ones, too...although, nothing quite like his sickness this time around.


Jackson was a trooper all day and enjoyed getting a package in the mail.
This kid LOVES getting mail!!!
This morning, Collin woke up a happy boy. He's back to his normal self, and is eating and playing like normal.













No comments:
Post a Comment