Saturday, June 14, 2008

I am FINALLY Blogging!!!!!


































Ok, ok. So, I know it's been a while since I've written. But I have been so extremely busy. Life in California couldn't be better. I have some awesome friends here! I get about 4 hours of sleep a night, and although I'm tired at times, it's SO worth it! :-)






Jamie came to visit me last week. She got in on Friday afternoon. We grabbed lunch at Panera Bread (yummy!) and then met up with Logan, Adam, and two new friends from Ireland. We hung out there for a while and then went back to my place where I made everyone a spaghetti dinner with garlic bread, brownies, ice cream, and a spinach/strawberry/pecan salad. It was very delicious, if I do say so myself!!! Later that night, we went hottubbing at Rich's place, and I had a little trouble getting over the fence. (Yeah, we had to break in because it was after hours. Such rebels!) Logan had to help me over the fence, and then he was like, "Someone catch her!!!" We were all cracking up!!!






The next day, Jamie and I went to the San Diego Zoo. It was HUGE! Very relaxing and very cool seeing all the different animals. My favorite were the koalas, the pandas, and the orangutans (however you spell it). I think Jamie's favorite animals were those in the cage that said something like, "Just like humans, animals are unique and have special needs." Basically, it was the cage for the animals that were not quite there. The little otter was going around and around chasing it's own tail and the monkeys were playing with the otter. Jamie loved that part! haha


That night, we met up with Logan for dinner at Olive Garden. After that, we headed downtown just to walk around. Jamie and Logan got along really well, despite the fact that she picked on him the whole time. lol.
Sunday brought fun in the sun at Disneyland and California Adventures. Jamie and I got in for free because my ID still works. Oh yeah! We totally lucked out! We were there for 12 hours and did EVERYTHING! We took some fun pictures, rode awesome rides, and had a super yummy bread bowl with salad at Pacific Warf at Cali Adventures. :-)
Monday was our journey into LA, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, etc. We took a tour, and it was the best $42 I could have spent that day! You can see our amazing tour bus in the one picture. It was awesome! We saw the Hollywood sign up pretty close, TONS of stars houses, including Julia Roberts, Aaron Spelling, the Playboy Mansion, the house from the Fresh Prince of Bel air, and so many others. We also did the whole Rodeo Drive, Sunset Blvd, Hollywood Blvd scene. When our tour was over and the bus was driving back to our starting point, we were stopped at a stop light. Over to our right, we heard this lady scream. Well, we look over, and here is this little old lady sprawled out on the ground. Now, this normally wouldn't be funny, but the fact that she did it right in front of a statue of an old man helping an old woman who could barely walk made it hysterical. Of course, I didn't laugh until our bus driver got out and was done helping her to safety. Then, I lost it! :-)
I had to work on Tuesday because I couldn't miss too much work. Jamie hung out at my apartment, and Logan was nice enough to take her to lunch and everything. That night, we grabbed some dinner and went over to Logan's house to watch the Laker's game. Now, I know what you are thinking....Sheena hates sports. But, I never said I hate them. I just don't turn them on and watch them on my own or suggest watching them. But, if people are hanging out watching them, I have nothing against them. And, basketball is probably the sport I understand the most.
Jamie left on Wednesday. Sad day! We had a blast the entire time she was here. I'm really glad she could come!!!! Logan and his mom took her to the airport, which was super nice of them! Logan and I hung out that night and then watched "The Bucketlist" with Staci and Rich. The movie was actually really good, despite the fact that I'm not a Jack Nicholson fan! I would recommend it for sure!
Thursday was Institute and the another Laker's game at Logan's house. His family loves the Laker's I guess it's kind of like my family with the Steelers! :-) Friday, Logan and I went to eat at a Japanese restaurant (my favorite!!!) and then to a comedy place. So fun! The one kid in the show was awesome!!!! He didn't even have to try very hard, and I was cracking up!!!
Today, Saturday, there is a going away BBQ for Logan because he leaves on Monday for the summer. He is going to BYU. Now, I know my sister says I'm obsessed with Logan (really, she does. She told me herself!), but he's an awesome guy and we've been hanging out lots and lots......I guess dating you could say. I'm going to miss him!!!
So, that's been my life the past little while. Nonstop craziness and fun! I wouldn't change it for the world. I'm afraid that once Logan leaves, my life will get boring. But, I have awesome roommates and some other great friends, so hopefully it won't be too bad. :-) Oh, and don't mind the crazy layout of the pictures. I can't really figure out the whole blogging with pictures thing. Sorry!
















2 comments:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! It looks like you guys had no problem finding fun things to do. I loved the tour bus! It was cute.

A.C. said...

Hi, I'm a new reader! I can only imagine how life is in California, it must be wonderful! And I see you've been having some fun lately, good for you! oh and I love the pictures, they're really cool!

I'm from Europe, by the way
(hope my english isn't too bad)

Keep enjoying life!