Sunday, June 29, 2008

One more thing....

I almost forgot to tell everyone that I almost died Friday night before we left for Disney!!! I was outside running on the sidewalk when I heard this pop. I half-turn and see this car barreling at me. I jumped off into the grass, only to come within about 1 centimeter of the car. 3 of the 4 tires were up on the sidewalk before going back onto the road.


It started driving again, and I ran to catch up. It stopped a little ways down the road, and out jumped this little old lady. I was like, "You almost hit me back there. I almost died." She gave me a hug and was like, "I'm so sorry. I dropped something and was reaching down to pick it up." Again, I said, "Well, you almost hit me and I almost died." Her response was, "It was God saving you." She gave me another hug and then drove off.

It was the scariest experience of my life! I seriously almost died!!!! I was crying a little and saying about a million prayers thanking God that I was still alive. I know I joke about how happy I will be when the world comes to an end, but after that experience, I was thinking about how happy I was that my life didn't end. There are way too many things I still have to do.


But, yeah, that was my near death experience. Scary!!!

2 comments:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

Okay, I was so serious and worried when I was reading this until I got to the part where you said about the end of the world and your not ready yet. That cracked me up. It just goes to show that we need to enjoy every minute and live life to the fullest. Men are that they might have joy.

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

And you are being watched and taken care of. My prayers are heard and being answered. I love you.
Marmee