Jeff and I had a great weekend! After work on Friday, we went to the gym. We are members of L.A. Fitness. Love it there! And, it’s so fun going to the gym with Jeff. We don’t work out together because I’m more of a cardio girl and he’s a weight lifting guy, but it’s fun being there together. And, I get sneak peaks of him every now and then which helps my workout go by faster.
After the gym, we stopped at the grocery store, picked up supplies for the week, and went home to eat dinner. It was already 8:00pm so by the time dinner was done, we just felt like watching a movie. We watched Grease. Jeff had never seen it. I remember watching it all the time when I was young. Jamie spent the night every night one summer (minus 2 nights when her mom MADE her go home) and we would swim and watch Grease. We would even act out the songs, taking turns with her being Sandy and then me. Fun!
Saturday, we were assigned to clean the church with a few other families. Jeff’s cousins were there. They have like 6 kids, all Primary age and younger. Joseph (5) and Joshua (3) and Emily (7) were attached at my hip. They are adorable. They were such good helpers and happy to be there. When we left, Joshua asked his mom if he could go home with me. She said, “But Joshua, your grandma and grandpa are taking you out for your birthday.” He started crying. He wanted to go with me so bad. It was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen! Kids usually don’t cry because they want to stay with me. They usually cry because they want to leave. haha…
After cleaning, Jeff had to work on his resume some more. He had an interview on Friday that went really well. He will be meeting this week with the owner of the company. The guys that interviewed him Friday loved him and said if Wednesday goes well, Jeff’s in. Keep those prayers coming.
So, while he worked on his resume, I did a Tae Bo video. Then, we had some friends over for Bocce ball and Smashball at the apartment. We got some frozen yogurt and then went to dinner at Macaroni Grill. We had a gift card for both the frozen yogurt and the dinner, so it was all free. Otherwise, we would have eaten at home considering Jeff’s not working. Gotta save all we can.
That night, we watched Karate Kid. Jeff had never seen it, but he loved it. Our friends watched it with us, too. We watched it in the big movie theater room at our apt complex. Love movies in there!!! The one part of the movie brought back so many memories of Adri and Weedle. We’d always say, “KARATE HERE. KARATE HERE. NEVER NEVER KARATE HERE!” It especially reminded me of Adri and how she did a perfect Mr. Miawgi (spelling?).
Sunday was church, which is always good. We only had 2 girls this week in our class. They were still restless, but I’m learning to tolerate them. Jeff and I went for a walk after church and after dinner. It was nice. We keep finding these new trails to walk on. Sunday has been designated as our church, dinner, movie, and walk day. We do the same thing every Sunday, and it’s great. Very relaxing.
So, our movie last night was Ever After. This reminded me of Weedle. We always used to say, “Madam you are on dangerous grounds!” with our accents like in the movie. I also remember watching this movie with Adri and Mom in the living room a few years ago. It was the first we had ever seen it, and we loved it! I remember us all commenting on the pants Henry wore. They accent his frontal area just a little too much! haha…
I know everyone wants pictures, so I am going to attempt to put some up again. I’m not promising anything, but we’ll see how it goes.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
LOVE!!!! the news!!!!! KEEP IT COMING!!!!!!
Sheena...I love your "life and such" posts! I feel the same way; with no kids I don't feel there's much exciting to talk about! I don't have a blog but joke that if I did it would say; "today I worked, walked my dog, went to the gym, went to sleep." How incredibly boring! It was so kind of you to mention me in one of your posts! Weight/eating struggles are soooo taxing for a girl! Now that school's out I finally have the extra time to devote to the gym - it's seriously like a part time job! Now that I've pracitally left you an email as a comment, I'm so glad to hear you're doing well and loving married life. That is fantastic!!! Hope to see you again soon. Luv, "BIBBIS"
Post a Comment