A lot has actually been happening since my last post. Where do I begin? Hmmmm....well, let's start with Memorial Day. Jeff and I decided to call in to work the Friday before Memorial Day Monday. We wanted to go to Six Flags! We had gotten 2 free tickets as a wedding gift from a kid in Jeff's single's ward. It took us 3 1/2 hours to get there because there was so much traffic, but we finally got there and entered the park. It didn't take me long to realize that Six Flags is ALL roller coasters. We're not talking little rinky-dink roller coasters. We're talking these huge, 7 loop, spinning while going in loops roller coasters. Oh no!!!
We started off by going on X2. We waited for 1 1/2 hours in line but finally got on the ride. What a trip that ride was! We were spinning in all directions and going in loops, backwards, forwards, and all other kinds of directions. Scared the crap out of me!!!
We then went on another one right after that. None of the other rides had long lines. I guess X2 just opened or something. This next ride had like 7 loops, and quite honestly, between the 2 roller coasters, I was feeling it. I sucked it up, though, and we went on this one where you are laying on your stomach. I started crying before it took off. I'm the kind of person who thinks about everything that could go wrong on these kinds of rides, and I could picture the harness opening up and dropping me.
Well, that ride did it for me. I was so sick after that. Jeff was fine, but he was nice enough to just walk around with me for a while and even sit down a few times. I felt bad because I had decided not to ride anymore, but Jeff wanted to. He didn't want to go without me, though. I made him ride one more by himself before we left. I don't think I'll ever go back to that place. I'll take Disney any day. It's a Small World anyone? ha
That night, we ate at the Macaroni Grill and had reserved a hotel room in Huntington Beach. It was fun. The next day, we went to a couple of different beaches and just had a relaxing day. Jeff had gotten me Smashball for my birthday, so we played that on the beach. Smashball is this game with two paddles and this ball that you hit back and forth. Similar to other games out there, I know. But, it's super fun.
Monday, we had a few friends over for a BBQ and some Smashball and Boccee (sp?) ball in the grassy area at our apt complex. That night, we went to see Terminator. It was a great weekend!!!
Jeff quit his job the very next day because some stuff was going on at work that just wasn't cool. So, he's been looking like crazy ever since then. He hasn't had much luck, so I'd appreciate it if everyone could include him in your prayers. We can't afford life in California with just my income. So, Mom and Dad, you may get a knock on your door one of these days. lol...
Primary has been interesting. I'm not too fond of 7 and 8 year olds. They are in the bratty stage. They don't listen and they mouth off to me. This one little girl gets on my nerves so bad. I try to love her. I try, but it's hard. We've only taught twice, so hopefully it will get better. Jeff jokes about bearing his testimony and thanking the Bishop for putting us in there to make us realize we never want kids. haha....They sure would release us then. haha...
We're going to the beach today with Katie and her brother Mike who is on his way home from Hawaii. There family lives in Utah, but he flew into California first. We hung out last night and watched Mall Cop. Eh, it was ok. More for little kids, I think. But, we're going to play at the beach and just enjoy the sun.
Jeff and I rented Benjamin Button the other night. We couldn't even finish it. I have no desire to, either. Not my #1 choice of a movie this summer. I'm looking forward to this one movie coming out, though. It's called My Sister's Keeper (I think). I looks like it will be one of those movies I need a pack of tissues for. Good!
Well, we're off to the gym and then to wash our cars. I guess there hasn't been a ton going on, but it seems that way day to day. I love my life.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I went to Six Flags with Steve's school group and only went on one ride. It was the Goldrusher (I think). Anyway, it had no loops and was perfect for me. He went on everything, including Goliath and a ride kind of like a bungee jump only you're on your stomach. You tell those Primary kids to behave! Tell them you'll get their parents. You could bribe them with candy every now and then - that works like a charm! Now you know what my job is like!! :)
Glad to see you posted and I hope Jeff finds a job soon!
I have two words....SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE. Okay, I can't stop at two words. It is a really good movie. It made me want to adopt a child from India. Let me know what you think.
I hate roller coasters like that. I love Rockin' Roller Coaster, Idlewild roller coaster, You know, the old fashioned wooden up and down coasters.
Oh and WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO You blogged. We want to hear about your life!!!!!
Post a Comment