Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Advancements..

Jackson started doing so many new things recently.  He's officially crawling forward!  He doesn't quite use his knees to help him move, though.  He sort of does the army crawl, but it's crazy how fast he can move!  He loves the mat by our front door.  I, on the other hand, am not too happy about that.  Does he not realize how many germs are on that nasty thing?  We're constantly moving him away from it, but no matter how many times we do, he's right back there in a matter of seconds.  I finally got smart today and moved it, but then, he went after our sneakers.  It's going to drive me crazy!  I'm a bit of a germaphobe!

He waves!  It's the cutest thing ever!  He waves at everyone and everything.  Yesterday, we went to the Safari Park, and he was waving to lots of people and even to the animals.  Then, after we left, we had to go to the grocery store.  He started waving at the store logo on the building.  He makes me laugh.

He is a bit sick, and he's teething.  His top teeth are starting to poke through.  Poor little guy.  But, he does this thing where he sneezes once and then coughs....every time!!!  "Achoo, cough".  It never fails.  We laugh every time.

He loves the door stoppers he finds around our apartment.  I don't mind him playing with them because as long as I hear them, I know he's right by me and ok.  When I don't hear him playing with it, I know he's successfully gotten it off and is sucking on it.  This would be ok (minus the whole germ thing) except the little white rubber part comes off, and I don't want him choking on it.

He LOVES reading.  He's always loved it, but he especially loves it now.  He'll sit and let us read 8 or 9 books to him sometimes.  And, he crawls over to his bookshelf and tries reaching for the books.  We'll get them down for him, and he flips through the pages while on his belly.  I have a reader!  Woo Hoo!  I always loved reading growing up, and I hope Jackson continues loving it, too!!!


On a different note, we went to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate our anniversary.  Here's a picture we took right before we left.  I recently got my hair cut a bit shorter.  Jeff wanted me to try it shorter.  I like it, but I think I like it a little longer.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your hair looks super cute!!

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

No rest for you now. LOL!! Jackson is on the move. He sure does love his books. And he is getting so big. You and jeff look so cute! Happy Anniversary!!! XOXOXOX