Thursday, June 12, 2014

Fun two days with Daddin!

On Jeff's two days off this week, we did nothing terribly amazing, we had a lot of fun.  While our cars were getting new tires, we went to the park.  I loved watching Jackson and Jeff play together.  It always makes me smile seeing them interact!  Jackson loves his Daddin!!!






Later that day, we had a painting party.  We couldn't remember if our paint was washable, so we stripped Jackson down just in case.  Turns out, it was washable, and he didn't need to be naked.  Oh well.  



Here are our final paintings.  Jackson only lasted about 10-15 minutes, so we had to be fast.  Sorry they aren't rotated.  I was too lazy to rotate them before posting them.  This one is mine.  I don't claim to have any artistic ability what-so-ever!

Jackson's painting.

Jeff's painting.  He had to put a hat on himself in the painting because in the middle of working on it, Jackson decided to help him.  I think he covered it well.  

When it comes to food, Jackson is a very well rounded eater.  He loves guacamole, so yesterday, he and Jeff chowed down on guac and chips.  While I'm not crazy about him eating the tortilla chips, Jeff makes sure to give him small pieces.  I guess we compromise that way.


Our balcony is impossible to keep clean.  There is a ton of dust that constantly blows into our apartment and onto our balcony. And, they designed the apartment so the dryer duct blows out directly onto the balcony.  Real smart.  A couple of days ago, Jeff cleaned it off really well, and we've been spending more time out there.  (We still have to wear shoes, though, because I don't think it will ever get completely "clean".)  Jackson loves eating out there and watching everything that is going on!  (Notice his two cups in the picture?  He insists on having milk AND water with almost every meal.)


Pregnancy update:  I'm 17 weeks this week.  I've been feeling pretty good and have even started throwing in some jogging with my workouts every now and then.  When I think about the fact that we'll have a little baby in just 5 months, it blows my mind.  I also can't fathom the fact that Jackson will be 2 in a few short weeks!!!!  We're going to start potty training him as soon as he turns 2.  That's my goal anyways.  Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Donna "Nina" Dively said...

Sounds like you are constantly cleaning dust just like me, only mine comes from living on Main Street.